• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

gray coat with upper collar in black velvet type material, thoughts?

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
saw a nice coat at brooks brothers - from their black fleece TB line. single breast, 3 button i believe, had a strap in the back, nice collar w/ upper portion in black velvet type material ... fit was pretty good - although i had dimples in my upper sleeves like I do with EVERY OTR coat or suit

thoughts on this look? anyone seen this coat?

Sebastian

Reaction score
Sounds like a Chesterfield coat.

The look is as classic as it gets... You can't go wrong IMO.

Sebastian

Reaction score
That specific example is a modern coat styled like a classic chesterfield, but on the short side. I would prefer it over the knee.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sebastian
That specific example is a modern coat styled like a classic chesterfield, but on the short side. I would prefer it over the knee.

i tried it on last night - fit pretty nice and I think could be used as dress or a business-casual coat

Sebastian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Hickey Freeman has theirs on sale for under $700 right now. Not a true Chesterfield (no fly front, SB PL, etc.). I had one made like this a couple of years back and wear it quite a bit.

http://www.hickeyfreeman.com/website...5&dept_id=4170

If I could just make me think, that I need one more coat...

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Chesterfield is a favorite of mine. I picked up a Tyrwhitt at deep discount. Not the warmest coat I won, but I do enjoy wearing it.

onlinematt

Reaction score
Try Paul Smith - they definately have a similar item to the photo you posted. I saw it in their store on 5th Avenue @ 16th Street (NYC). Ted Baker might also be worth a shot.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 255 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.7%
  • 31 - 40