• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gravity (10.19.2013)

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Neil deGrasse Tyson went on a bit of a tear on Twitter about Gravity. Love the man, but he's honestly coming across like a bit of a dick here. http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/7/4811336/neil-degrasse-tyson-isnt-falling-for-gravity

Is the movie 100% scientifically accurate? No. It's a movie and most of these inaccuracies go to serve the film's narrative. I didn't mind the ones I noticed when viewing the film and I don't mind the inaccuracies he points out here. None of them took away the overall feeling of realism the film portrayed in the theater or the enjoyment it gave me.

Yeah- those are mostly all of the "he'd be no fun at a party" variety... but the hair- yeah, that's a fair point... but how annoying would it have been to have her looking like this :)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

My wife REALLY thought she was going to die when she was hallucinating and Clooney opened the hatch. She gasped at that moment.
I didn't get sucked into the film as much as she did but it was very good. I imagine on Imax it must be :slayer:

:laugh: My girlfriend thought that part might have been real for a moment and I told her if it was the film had jumped the space shark.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You definitely can. Has happened accidentally at least once. Not good for you, but simply being exposed to vacuum for a couple of minutes won't kill you.

Also, even though space is very cold, there is very little to conduct heat away from you, so it would actually take longer than you think to freeze.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Please explain further

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wish the ending was either:
more ambiguous or that she died

Also, really wish I could have seen it on something other than a ****** dinner theater screen.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I wish the ending was either:
more ambiguous or that she died

Also, really wish I could have seen it on something other than a ****** dinner theater screen.

Dude, this is one you have to see Imax 3D. It's stunning.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
****, that was gorgeous.

-I was hoping it ended when she shut her oxygen off in the module. That would have been a poetic ending.

-Sandra delivered. I was skeptical, but she did her thing. Body's lookin' tight too.

-Guy with his head blown off was awesome.

-The debris hitting the ISS with the flag rippling and such was incredible.

Last edited:

ad_infinitum

Reaction score
Did we watch the same movie? This was really bad. Terrible in fact. Insulting to anyone's intellect. Cliche plot, full of stupid stereotypes, unconvincing and quasi deep.

Is there something wrong with me, or did anyone else feel this way?

Last edited:

jingzhonglise

Reaction score
Loved the score too. One of the few movies that I have seen that had the experience enhanced by 3D. When it gets released officially I plan to see it again at IMAX.
oJCMU1

Last edited:

SchwererGustav

Reaction score
Have you fellows seen the "Aningaaq" short that makes the companion-piece to the movie? It features the Inuit that was speaking to Dr. Stone over the radio:

0.jpg

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score

Did we watch the same movie? This was really bad. Terrible in fact. Insulting to anyone's intellect. Cliche plot, full of stupid stereotypes, unconvincing and quasi deep.

Is there something wrong with me, or did anyone else feel this way?

It was worth the price of admission for the visuals. Sandra Bullock could have knit a sweater for two hours for all I care, as long as I still got to see space stations explode. Did you watch in a ****** quality theatre?

Last edited:

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have you fellows seen the "Aningaaq" short that makes the companion-piece to the movie? It features the Inuit that was speaking to Dr. Stone over the radio:
There is a lot of Oscar buzz around this short too. It could be the first time a movie and then a short that was spun off from the same movie were nominated for an Academy Award. Not to mention the father/son connection between the two films.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads