• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gravitas' on the Road Blog Dealy

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, i'm leaving for Pasadena on Saturday at 5EST. I'm going to detail the journey across the US and post pictures. I'll be on the road a ******* ton (of course, as we are driving) so what are some movie/book suggestions? Anywhere I should stop in Nashville, LV, LA or any other place along routes 80 or 66?

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well I have relatives on the outskirts, so deal with it I guess. I don't think i'm going to actually be in the city of Nashville much more than an hour or two. So are you going to suggest anything?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas
Yeah, well I have relatives on the outskirts, so deal with it I guess. I don't think i'm going to actually be in the city of Nashville much more than an hour or two. So are you going to suggest anything?
Merry ******* Christmas to you too asshole!

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you weren't being facetious? I had to assume that it was too far from your comfort zone of New England. Does Connes need a hug? Merry Christmas, now suggest something please.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Americana Playlist for you:

Waylon Jennings
Merle Haggard
Townes Van Zandt
Kris Kristofferson
Steven Earle
Johnny Cash

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So you weren't being facetious? I had to assume that it was too far from your comfort zone of New England. Does Connes need a hug? Merry Christmas, now suggest something please.
Well yes, it is too far, but I am told it is a decent city to spend time in (not that any Southern cities match those in the Northern sector).

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nashville is nice, but not really in winter. It's fun to walk around some of the downtown bars in warmer weather and barhop and drink... but you wouldn't be able to do that anyway. Titans and Predators games are fun, but you don't really have much time for that, either. As such, I'm not sure what I'd recommend. They moved the Japanese consulate from New Orleans to Nashville this year, so they have lots of big Christmas and New Year's shindigs... so if you can get out your Kimono and practice your bowing and "Akemashite Omedetou Gozaimasu" (Happy new Year), you might have a big ol' time with me and some drunken Japanese businessmen. You can be my date.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
WTF you aren't flying??

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take a picture of your hands every time that you're making a decision. Please.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, will do rach!

Nope, not flying. My travel companions are jobless *****, so flying is not an option. Besides, it is the journey, not the destination that matters.

And i'll be with people I know well, so I won't do the "scales" very much. When I did the scales, I was giving you my name, it was your choice to use it or Gravitas, not my decision. Awkwardness FTW! Oh and I liked Arlington so much i'm coming back to the DC area to visit GW with a friend once I get back, lunch?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
WTF you aren't flying??
Air travel in this day and age is reserved for the upper class.
rimshot.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
You do the scales more than you think.

It's cute.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads