• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Graphic Tees: Why Do Most Suck?

zub789

Reaction score
Originally Posted by korce
I'm in the process of transitioning from hypebeasty fashion back to a more refined and "grown" look, but I must admit I still wear (and like) the occasional graphic T.

My favourite brand would have to be graniph (www.graniph.com), perhaps due to the nostalgia of shopping there when I was in Japan a few years ago. I don't like all their designs, but some are pretty cool imo (eg. http://www.graniph.com/product/TSHIR...001003527.html)

Do they ship to the US? I like some of their shirts but it seems like a hassle...
Nevermind

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
This thread reeks of awkward spam like the Gram Shoes thread. Different than the other graphic tee threads that happen once or twice a month.

raf by raf, corpus, drkshdw, marc jacobs, henrik vibskov, surface 2 air, uniqlo, bson, and more have all made graphic shirts i've liked

Trackstarr

Reaction score
I don't like th3 graphic tees that are racy like the on3s that try to be funny in a rude way... I like the on3s that show a picture like graffiti or art

3clothing

Reaction score
Well I just joined, and I was a little hesitant to respond to this question. However, I own a graphic t-shirt company so I felt compelled to answer.

Most designs are created from a template. A lot of people just don't take the time to create something new. That's why there are so many bad tees that look alike. Larger companies are afraid to move from the norm and add something fresh and original. Or their designers are just out of good ideas and they haven't hired someone with fresh thinking. That's my opinion anyway.

Take a look at our clothing. If it's ugly, please let me know.
3 Clothing

g0rfy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
This thread pops up a bunch. I personally like graphic tees if you can find the right ones. I have a few that i wear a ton.

Yeah i agree! i have a few as well and they were cheap! There is no one brand of graphic tee that i go for, i feel that the same brand of tees have similar styles (i.e. anchor blue, afflication, etc..) so i go shopping for tees that appeal to me, no matter who made it.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by smoothie
those are hillarious

If you want to express yourself with an hilarious graphic, so so with a message board avatar... not a t-shirt.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by smoothie
What about these?
http://www.torsopants.com/main/

I don't know if I could come up with dumber, less funny (or meta-funny, it seems they are trying to be) things to print on a shirt if I tried. Maybe I will try, and do it, and make money since that seems to be the market now.

brainmonster

Reaction score
I think those look pretty good. More original than the ones from the original post, and the colors are unusual. My main concern would be the quality of the shirt construction/material etc. although the cut looks OK. I would consider buying the mother earth one.

Originally Posted by 3clothing
Well I just joined, and I was a little hesitant to respond to this question. However, I own a graphic t-shirt company so I felt compelled to answer.

Most designs are created from a template. A lot of people just don't take the time to create something new. That's why there are so many bad tees that look alike. Larger companies are afraid to move from the norm and add something fresh and original. Or their designers are just out of good ideas and they haven't hired someone with fresh thinking. That's my opinion anyway.

Take a look at our clothing. If it's ugly, please let me know.
3 Clothing

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brainmonster
I think those look pretty good. More original than the ones from the original post, and the colors are unusual. My main concern would be the quality of the shirt construction/material etc. although the cut looks OK. I would consider buying the mother earth one.
127_0377%20(Small).jpg
^^ This is not hurting anything. But the designs do look decent enough, as graphic t-shirts go.

changed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
127_0377%20(Small).jpg

^^ This is not hurting anything. But the designs do look decent enough, as graphic t-shirts go.

umm yes... that is the best looking t-shirt I've ever seen. Very slim fitting and really accentuates the key features of the wearer.

DBoon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by changed
umm yes... that is the best looking t-shirt I've ever seen. Very slim fitting and really accentuates the key features of the wearer.

this shirt can barely contain her personality

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics