• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grant Thornton LLP

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone work at or know anyone who works at Grant Thornton LLP?

I just applied for a marketing position at the local Phoenix office and feel it would be a great fit for me.

I would love to ensure that my resume is reviewed and be considered for this position.

Thanks!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aren't they an accountng firm? They used to recruit at my school alot. TO answer your question though I dont know anyone who works there.

However, you can go through your alma mater's alumni database and contact someone who works there (if any of course)

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Yes - they are an accounting firm. But they are hiring a marketing person for the office here. I believe they have one in every office and the job description says you report to a regional marketing director, so it's a well-developed department.

It sounds like a really cool job - plus it would be a good opportunity to get back into a position where I can wear my suits and ties everyday. Otherwise, a lot of the good information I get on this forum is going to waste
smile.gif

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are my accountants in England, but as just a customer, don't think I have much pull
smile.gif
Good luck

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are our accountants as well.

I don't know anyone in their Phoenix office, I'm afraid.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
What you guys don't think internal e-mails from partners in far-flung global offices would be of assistance in my quest
laugh.gif

I suppose that would be pushing it, but if anyone has any good contacts there, I would love to talk. Doesn't matter if they are in the Phoenix office or not.

Send me a PM.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Update -

I have an interview next Thursday.

Now to determine what to wear. I am initially thinking blue suit, white or blue shirt, red/tan tie, brown shoes. Basic, boring and safe for accounting firm interview.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
good luck.

Aureus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Update -

I have an interview next Thursday.

Now to determine what to wear. I am initially thinking blue suit, white or blue shirt, red/tan tie, brown shoes. Basic, boring and safe for accounting firm interview.

If you wanted to be basic and boring, black shoes
wink.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good news; good luck!

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aureus
If you wanted to be basic and boring, black shoes
wink.gif

Yeah - I might do that. Wear my new black AE Park Avenue's.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
IM me if you want my self-serving pompous 10 Commandments of Interview Attire...

I know better than to post them and have them picked apart in a feeding frenzy...

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
IM me if you want my self-serving pompous 10 Commandments of Interview Attire...

I know better than to post them and have them picked apart in a feeding frenzy...

Coward, I know you won't do it...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads