• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Grant Thornton LLP

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone work at or know anyone who works at Grant Thornton LLP?

I just applied for a marketing position at the local Phoenix office and feel it would be a great fit for me.

I would love to ensure that my resume is reviewed and be considered for this position.

Thanks!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aren't they an accountng firm? They used to recruit at my school alot. TO answer your question though I dont know anyone who works there.

However, you can go through your alma mater's alumni database and contact someone who works there (if any of course)

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Yes - they are an accounting firm. But they are hiring a marketing person for the office here. I believe they have one in every office and the job description says you report to a regional marketing director, so it's a well-developed department.

It sounds like a really cool job - plus it would be a good opportunity to get back into a position where I can wear my suits and ties everyday. Otherwise, a lot of the good information I get on this forum is going to waste

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are my accountants in England, but as just a customer, don't think I have much pull
Good luck

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are our accountants as well.

I don't know anyone in their Phoenix office, I'm afraid.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
What you guys don't think internal e-mails from partners in far-flung global offices would be of assistance in my quest

I suppose that would be pushing it, but if anyone has any good contacts there, I would love to talk. Doesn't matter if they are in the Phoenix office or not.

Send me a PM.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Update -

I have an interview next Thursday.

Now to determine what to wear. I am initially thinking blue suit, white or blue shirt, red/tan tie, brown shoes. Basic, boring and safe for accounting firm interview.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
good luck.

Aureus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Update -

I have an interview next Thursday.

Now to determine what to wear. I am initially thinking blue suit, white or blue shirt, red/tan tie, brown shoes. Basic, boring and safe for accounting firm interview.

If you wanted to be basic and boring, black shoes

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good news; good luck!

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aureus
If you wanted to be basic and boring, black shoes

Yeah - I might do that. Wear my new black AE Park Avenue's.

Reaction score
good luck Brad

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
IM me if you want my self-serving pompous 10 Commandments of Interview Attire...

I know better than to post them and have them picked apart in a feeding frenzy...

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
IM me if you want my self-serving pompous 10 Commandments of Interview Attire...

I know better than to post them and have them picked apart in a feeding frenzy...

Coward, I know you won't do it...

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.