• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The upgraded larger one I just got for my shell is the Wellington Pig Bristle Shoe Polishing Brush from the hanger project. That might be overkill just for suede but it would probably be fine for suede and shell (not used for any polish removal). The smaller one I now use for suede is here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071H8VT6J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
looks like a nice suede brush. Kirby has nice stuff, a bit overpriced, but nice stuff. And any guy who polishes shoes in a suit, well......you gotta love him!

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. How do you feel about brushes that also have bronze/brass bristles?
I use one from the Hanger Project that is mostly boar bristles with a few mixed in. It does a good job of bringing up the nap without being too aggressive. Good for $20 IMHO.
hanger-project-suede-cleaning-brush-1.jpg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of the JCrew line - I've owned the Kenton boots (the more casual line vs. the more-formal Ludlow), and while they were very nicely-executed, they were clearly in a different class than what we see from Grant Stone - everything else was a step or two down (leather, etc.) and I'm guessing some of the things you can't see in the GS like the leather heel counters, full-leather heel stack, etc. aren't in the JCrew line either.

Net: they're very nice for the price, and a better alternative in their relative price-channel than Thursday boots IMHO, but not the product you get with Grant Stone.

My first pair of Grant Stones was what pushed the Kenton's out of the closet. ;)

BrandonF

Reaction score
This is my bi-weekly nudge to make all things in EEE, ALL-THINGS!!!

:bounce2: :bounce2::bounce2:

Keep up the good work guys.

Yes yes yes! I can get by in 9E, but 8.EEE is much preferred by my little toe and instep. Derbies are ok, but there are too many boots where I have to go [sigh] not for me...

I understand the SKU issue, but even a MTO every now and then where you could order a style in EEE would be awesome, even at a premium.

BrandonF

Reaction score
Just received my first pair of BOOTS from Grant Stone (I've previously purchased coffee suede, crimson longwing, and saddle tan wedge sole derbies): Dune Diesels. Love them so far! My foot feels like it's being hugged, and they feel like they'll break in easy. I wasn't sure about the color online, but love it in person. Lots of variation, and already getting a bit of pull-up effect on the vamp. I'm looking forward to these getting even more character as they age.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads