• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Diesel boots with dog "slobber" for the evening
IMG_0001.jpeg

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crimson cap toes already arrived. Boot's look really good, should fill the void of a dark brown cap toe with a winter friendly sole I was looking for nicely. Fit seems a bit snugger than my other leo lasted pairs, but should break in nicely.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cap toe boots in!! British tan calf. Immaculate as expected!

The poor UPS man dropped them off at 10:05 pm. God bless that man.

Not sure about the fit though, they are tight. I hate to walk around in them and limit my returning options by creasing the vamp. I ordered the same size as the longwing, but there's something about a boot that feels very constricting and I may consider sizing up.

I think the ball of my foot aligns nicely with the widest part of the shoe, but my toes feel cramped and I'm not wearing thick socks. In the picture I am pointing to the widest part of the ball of the foot, does it look alright?

Sorry no glamour shots yet. :rolleyes2:

Attachments

• IMG_55172.jpg
    IMG_55172.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 63

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not sure about the fit though, they are tight. I hate to walk around in them and limit my returning options by creasing the vamp. I ordered the same size as the longwing, but there's something about a boot that feels very constricting and I may consider sizing up.

I think the ball of my foot aligns nicely with the widest part of the shoe, but my toes feel cramped and I'm not wearing thick socks. In the picture I am pointing to the widest part of the ball of the foot, does it look alright?

Boots look great!!!
I don't want this to sound wrong, but are you used to wearing boots? Since both the wings and boot are on the Leo last, one would think they would fit similar as far as length/width go. Agree that boots may, if laced tightly feel a bit more constricting than a shoe, plus the footbed has more than likely settled in the wings, and hasn't in the boots. Also wings are on leather sole?, I assume, and the cap toe boot is rubber- I, for one, notice a difference in sole material when putting on footwear. As with EACH AND EVERY GS Fit question, I'm going to throw Wyatt and Josh "under the bus" and say CONTACT THEM WITH QUESTIONS. They know their stuff and have more experience assisting people with the fit of GS than anyone.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not my listing, but Bourbon suede Ottawa's on eBay. 8.5D, look like very little wear. could be a good deal for someone.
https://www.ebay.com/i/283693293514?ul_noapp=true.
Of course, not as good as getting "factory fresh" direct from GS, but.......
Could be a good deal for... you! Funny, I was literally JUST looking at that auction. I've been doing a lot of eBay lately (just started) and now I'm searching for my favorite brands of everything, hah.

There's a few pretty nice deals for other sizes:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Could be a good deal for... you! Funny, I was literally JUST looking at that auction. I've been doing a lot of eBay lately (just started) and now I'm searching for my favorite brands of everything, hah.

There's a few pretty nice deals for other sizes:
Oh, I have a pair of Bourbon Ottawa boots (and a prototype Diesel - mine is all eyelets, no hooks) so I'm not going to bid on them, but have noticed more GS on eBay recently. This speaks highly to GS as people don't eBay crap shoes/boots (usually). For those here who want to Buy/Sell/Trade GS, there is a thread devoted to it, and it's always nice to keep stuff "in the family" so to speak.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mine felt a little tight...until they didn't (I beat the ever-living crap out of them in Japan and they just got better every wear). They got worn nearly the whole time over a two-week trip). They never hurt, but did feel a little tight/stiff at first. If your heel is stable, they aren't painful and you've got a Leo-lasted shoe already that fits, I'd think you're fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads