• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of the Bourbon Suede LWBs:

20191202_gs-lwb.jpg

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look a lot lighter than all the stock photos. Those look like RW's Hawthorne Muleskinner.
They're actually quite a bit darker in real life than they appear in my pic; my phone camera was probably overcompensating for the cloudy/overcast light this was taken in. The images on the GS site match the actual shoes' color (at least on my monitors here and at home).

ZouBirds26

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, and recently purchased my first pair of Grant Stone's, the cognac pebble grain Ottawa boots. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best way to care for the leather?

TheWolf

Reaction score
Slightly off topic.... anybody have a Grant Stone belt? Thoughts? Finding it a bit hard to match dune.

SleepyTexan

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, and recently purchased my first pair of Grant Stone's, the cognac pebble grain Ottawa boots. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best way to care for the leather?
I'll defer to someone else as I haven't cared for any pebble grain but I typically just put some shoe trees inside and stuff them in their included bags after giving them a pass with my horsehair brush.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Slightly off topic.... anybody have a Grant Stone belt? Thoughts? Finding it a bit hard to match dune.
I have one, nice belt and Dune color match is pretty good. The belt is well constructed and looks, and feels, like it will outlast me. I followed the directions on the web and ordered a size bigger, had to trim it and punch an extra hole or two as it was WAY too big. I would say order your waist size and it should be fine.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damp wipe when dirty, brush them. Store in the bags with trees in the boots. Maybe some Venetian Shoe Balm or Cream when they look like they need it.

TheWolf

Reaction score
I have one, nice belt and Dune color match is pretty good. The belt is well constructed and looks, and feels, like it will outlast me. I followed the directions on the web and ordered a size bigger, had to trim it and punch an extra hole or two as it was WAY too big. I would say order your waist size and it should be fine.
Oh that is GOOD info, as the size it instructs me to get is sold out. My natural waist size though is in stock. You guys are a bad influence.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads