• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rosenkruez

Reaction score
I just checked the GS website and some of the products in the oxford/derby section are missing, such as saddle tan with leather sole and some suede long wing items. Are they discontinued? I've been eyeing some of them...

Darkishhaddock

Reaction score
I just checked the GS website and some of the products in the oxford/derby section are missing, such as saddle tan with leather sole and some suede long wing items. Are they discontinued? I've been eyeing some of them...

You are in luck. They are on 25% sale for Black Friday.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My timing stinks, with GS announcing Black Friday sale, but just posted a pair of Bluchers on the GS B/S/T thread. They are 9's and honestly 8.5 in Leo is just plain better for me. They will just sit on the shelf forever if left here, and they deserve to be worn.

norymeoreason41

Reaction score
Oh man, this black friday sale is tempting! I was planning to ask for a pair of bourbon suede Diesels from my wife for Christmas. But I've also had my eye on the bourbon suede longwings - now that they're included in the black friday sale.....I don't know what to do! Some would say buy both - that's not possible. What are your thoughts?

For context, I already have a pair of dune Ottawas and saddle PTBs from GS and love them both! In fact, I'm wearing the latter today!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh man, this black friday sale is tempting! I was planning to ask for a pair of bourbon suede Diesels from my wife for Christmas. But I've also had my eye on the bourbon suede longwings - now that they're included in the black friday sale.....I don't know what to do! Some would say buy both - that's not possible. What are your thoughts?

For context, I already have a pair of dune Ottawas and saddle PTBs from GS and love them both! In fact, I'm wearing the latter today!
Which would fit better into your rotation, suede boots or suede longwings? Would one be a duplication of something you already have, even if from a different company? Finally- which one do you keep going back and looking at every day? If you were planning on asking for the Diesel's as a gift, point out to the wife the Black Friday sale, then get the longwing shoes for yourself :)

greenhouse

Reaction score

I'm partial to longwings, so, longwings. :) I have the lwb in coffee suede, which I think is slightly darker than bourbon. They are my most frequently worn GS. Nothing but praise for them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads