• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well after a short delay with the ups truck breaking down. I finally got my GS diesel boots in black Chromexcel, about 2 weeks ago I think lol I have strange little feet that don't seems to like shoes or boots these days. High instep one foot, bunion other. At this time the boots are fully broken in. And the Leo last fits me very well. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. And the stunning looks of these boot.

View attachment 1280493
The more I look at this photo, the more I like those boots on the leather sole. My Black Diesel's are the rubber sole, and while nice looking and great boots, the lighter welt and leather sole is soooooooo nice looking. Perhaps I should sell my Black Diesel's (9D) and buy another, leather sole pair?
IMG_9684.jpeg
IMG_9685.jpeg

AJ1

Reaction score
the contrast does give them a nice touch. If you need a push I’d say go for it!

The more I look at this photo, the more I like those boots on the leather sole. My Black Diesel's are the rubber sole, and while nice looking and great boots, the lighter welt and leather sole is soooooooo nice looking. Perhaps I should sell my Black Diesel's (9D) and buy another, leather sole pair? View attachment 1281066 View attachment 1281067

meyer1son

Reaction score
The more I look at this photo, the more I like those boots on the leather sole. My Black Diesel's are the rubber sole, and while nice looking and great boots, the lighter welt and leather sole is soooooooo nice looking. Perhaps I should sell my Black Diesel's (9D) and buy another, leather sole pair? View attachment 1281066 View attachment 1281067
Thanks I like them a lot. I think the leather sole brings out how nice the black cxl is. I am not the boot photographer you are. But let me know if you would like more pictures.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks I like them a lot. I think the leather sole brings out how nice the black cxl is. I am not the boot photographer you are. But let me know if you would like more pictures.
More pictures, of course we all would! However more pictures are just going to tempt me further into ordering them (like I need another pair of black boots..............)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just created a GS Buy/Sell/Trade thread, as I have a pair to sell, and assume others may want to as well at some point.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They'll soften up quickly ;)

I hope so! They're super stiff. Didn't help that I took them on a multiple mile walk on the first try.

They will soften as they break in. Not to worry. @M635Guy “beat me by that much.”

Hehe, always happens to me!

Both you and @M635Guy beat me to this. Take a while to loosen up (depending on # of wears of course) but when they do....it's awesome.

They seem stiffer than Alden to me which is really saying something. Alden is usually really stiff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads