• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are, but the well is beyond-dry and the closet is over-full. I've got nothing I want to part with :(

I missed the last batch by size, and this one by time, but I'm jazzed to see them go to folks who have been waiting - the Honey Shell looks fantastic!
Oh, I understand the over-full closet thing. Just purged a few Aldens, and honestly, it was hard to part with a few of them. I rationalized "not the PERFECT size" but still hard. Can't wait to see the Whiskey Tankers!!!!!!!

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I understand why @savvysartorial replaced the leather laces with round laces. The leather laces shipped with the boots are nice GS leather laces, but the boot needs something a tad less "work boot" looking, and round laces work well. Perhaps a thicker round lace (GG or Hanger Project) as the AE are rather skinny.

But what else is a blue suede boot if not a "work boot"? Those AE laces are too thin. They look like dress shoe laces. Thus, my previous statement regarding incongruousness.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But what else is a blue suede boot if not a "work boot"? Those AE laces are too thin. They look like dress shoe laces. Thus, my previous statement regarding incongruousness.
Oh I agree that the AE laces are too thin, I just meant to say that the leather laces may be too rugged looking for blue suede. I agree that it IS a boot, but the blue suede makes it look a bit dressier than say, a Dune Ottawa, IMHO.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oh I agree that the AE laces are too thin, I just meant to say that the leather laces may be too rugged looking for blue suede. I agree that it IS a boot, but the blue suede makes it look a bit dressier than say, a Dune Ottawa, IMHO.

I disagree that blue suede is any "dressier" than brown smooth leather, lol. But to each his own.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I imagine my opinion comes from never having worn my suede boots to do actual work, but I have years and years of wearing brown smooth leather boots to work in :)

At this point I have no idea what the f you're trying to say. I give up.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At this point I have no idea what the f you're trying to say. I give up.
Sorry, haven't had coffee yet......... I don't WORK (actual physical work) in Suede boots, but I do in smooth leather boots, thus the difference in my mind between suede and leather FOR ACTUAL WORK. Suede = fashion boots in my head. I may be nuts, perhaps I should give up as well :)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have so enjoyed the Blue Suede discussion (pre coffee) this morning, that I thought I'd wear them. Hanger Project laces
IMG_9660.jpeg
IMG_9659.jpeg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Blue suede is an instabuy for me when I can get them in my size. A dark green/olive probably would be as well. I have so little suede in my lineup and the fact that they tend to be cheaper than calf or CXL is just a bonus.

I think the leather laces lean more towards work boot; as in wear with jeans whereas the round laces pair better for a casual Friday chino or cords. It's a fine distinction though as it is a casual style regardless of material.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@GrantStone is there any, any chance that we EEE's can participate in the honey shell Ottowa order? Pleeeease?
If this is possible I may also be interested in an 8.5 EEE
I would be in for a 11EEE!

Uh oh. We are working on this now. I should have an answer Monday. Please don't get your hopes up.

The reason we didn't offer the EEE is due to the pattern differences. When working with shell there are certain adjustments that may need to be made which can affect the pattern, lasting allowance, etc.

Thanks for the interest and hopefully we can put something together, whether now or very soon.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely pent up demand I think for EEE I know I've commented enough on it. Even though Shell is outside my price range it would be a good seller I think for you guys if you can make it work.

Things I'd be interested if available in EEE:

Blue Suede Ottawa
Green/Olive Suede Ottawa
Chocolate/Coffee Suede Ottawa
Grain Ottawa
Captoe Boot
Suede Longwing
Brogue Boot
Suede Loafers
Chukka boot
Balmoral boot - especially in suede/calf with no midsole

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads