• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been in Tokyo over a week, and the cap toe boots have gotten the call most days... (Including today)
etGNQch.jpg

Turns31

Reaction score
Is there any better coupon available than the $25 email sign up one?

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any better coupon available than the $25 email sign up one?

As far as I know, the coupon is a new development and they don't run sales on their first quality boots. I do recall a Black Friday sale once though (2 years ago?).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As far as I know, the coupon is a new development and they don't run sales on their first quality boots. I do recall a Black Friday sale once though (2 years ago?).
You are correct, the coupon is fairly new, and a welcome addition to introduce new people to the brand. The Black Friday sale was 2 years ago (bought my first pair of GS via it), and look what happened, 30 pair later................

Turns31

Reaction score
Anyone wear Diesel boots with slim chinos? Are they too casual looking? Would you recommend the cap toe instead?

Turns31

Reaction score
You are going to be very happy with them, black boots are underrated, but they are a pair everyone should have in their rotation. And you got one of the best on it's way. Be sure to post photos............
I've tried a few pairs of black boots but always have a hell of a time matching them with my pants. Aside from like a grey pant, what do they go with?

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've tried a few pairs of black boots but always have a hell of a time matching them with my pants. Aside from like a grey pant, what do they go with?

I have a pair of Black Ottawas. I wear them with khaki, olive, navy, blue, and grey chinos and all colors of jeans.

Turns31

Reaction score
Help pick my 1st GS boot/shoe. My indecisiveness is killing me. These will be mainly office wear in a very business casual environment. Banana Republic Slim Chinos and Slim dark Levis. I already have a few pairs of Red Wings (Blacksmiths, Weekender Chukkas) but the Blacksmiths especially don't look right with chinos. I want a light brown color that ages well and creases tightly. Uniformity and tight grain. They'll be shoe treed every night as well. My Blacksmiths are my beaters that I wear through mud and muck.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are crease adverse, I'd stick to the British Tan Cap Toes. The chromexcel diesel's creases will be in the hands of the CXL gods - sometimes the break/creases are tight and other times that can be unsightly. I don't own a pair of saddle tans (I should though), but I have seen them with similar creases and breaks to CXL. I own a pair of longwings (my first GS) and the cap toes (most recent) in British tan calf and have had very tight creasing on both.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Help pick my 1st GS boot/shoe. My indecisiveness is killing me. These will be mainly office wear in a very business casual environment. Banana Republic Slim Chinos and Slim dark Levis. I already have a few pairs of Red Wings (Blacksmiths, Weekender Chukkas) but the Blacksmiths especially don't look right with chinos. I want a light brown color that ages well and creases tightly. Uniformity and tight grain. They'll be shoe treed every night as well. My Blacksmiths are my beaters that I wear through mud and muck.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Saddle Tan Diesel boots, go with just about everything from Jeans to Chinos and look great with all. The Cap Toe boot is a little "fancier" and may be better in a work-casual environment. See @Milksteakboiledhard post a little while ago. They look great !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads