• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Third day in a row in the cap toes:
mdabMnn.jpg

oYp5f1o.jpg
I bet they are holding up well, they certainly are looking good.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
veddy nice,,,,,, I see u r a gabriels sports car fan!........Im local to them...love frank.....always there oogling........and hes worked on my stuff

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet they are holding up well, they certainly are looking good.
They are - the grain creasing is really nice and tight, and the bumps and scuffs of the confined spaces in Tokyo have brushed out easily.

The leather is really interesting. Stiffer than what I've experienced, but not tearing up my feet. So where there's a break-in I haven't experienced with anything other than my Cognac shell PTB's, like those they're progressively getting better/softer. I spent three days in a row and over 20 miles in them, and at the end of each day there were no raw or sore spots. They're still not as buttery as my CXL Ottawas or Saddle Tan Diesel boots, they show every indication that they'll just get better and better.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are - the grain creasing is really nice and tight, and the bumps and scuffs of the confined spaces in Tokyo have brushed out easily.

The leather is really interesting. Stiffer than what I've experienced, but not tearing up my feet. So where there's a break-in I haven't experienced with anything other than my Cognac shell PTB's, like those they're progressively getting better/softer. I spent three days in a row and over 20 miles in them, and at the end of each day there were no raw or sore spots. They're still not as buttery as my CXL Ottawas or Saddle Tan Diesel boots, they show every indication that they'll just get better and better.
Have experienced similar with mine, although I haven't put 3 straight days in them, but they are loosening up. I don't know if they will become "butter" like well worn CXL, but I do like the Annonay leather.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have experienced similar with mine, although I haven't put 3 straight days in them, but they are loosening up. I don't know if they will become "butter" like well worn CXL, but I do like the Annonay leather.
Yeah - I doubt CXL-feel is a realistic goal, but that's cool by me. The Comipel shell doesn't feel like CXL either, but feels fantastic. ;)

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can’t let @M635Guy have all the fun. I agree that the leather is much more substantial (in a good way) than I expected.

I had to put my favorite boots on today, taking two phone interviews this afternoon. The recruiter is obviously looking for his commission, but my experience and his hype has me expecting good things. My salary ask was outside their range, but they confirmed that they’d adjust if the fit is right.

3399EC00-9D94-4C13-A65C-8E18195E0F17.jpeg

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can’t let @M635Guy have all the fun. I agree that the leather is much more substantial (in a good way) than I expected.

I had to put my favorite boots on today, taking two phone interviews this afternoon. The recruiter is obviously looking for his commission, but my experience and his hype has me expecting good things. My salary ask was outside their range, but they confirmed that they’d adjust if the fit is right.

View attachment 1274610

Boots looking very classy! Good luck with the interviews!

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1274610

Hope it works out! Dig the round laces too!

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope it works out! Dig the round laces too!

Thanks, the laces are from the Hanger Project. The role would be moving out of consulting into an analyst position at a logistics company. Would a be substantial change to my day-to-day. The good news is, if I go forward with this I'd still be able to wear all my GS boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads