• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Day 1 in Tokyo was well over 7 miles of stomping around in their first real day off wear. Have to admit I was glad you get off my feet, but that's pretty much true every day I'm here - lots of walking in Tokyo.
The cap toes before the day:
4FGQaMZ.jpg

After a quick brushing this morning:
dD5Yvgc.jpg

Aaannd on the train for the first day in the office on this trip:
fGP8yrh.jpg
Love the bag! Wonder how many pair of GS you will sell just because you are wearing a pair?

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New styles are in! Some photos below.

- Country Derby in both a cognac pebble grain & dark walnut CXL (slightly darker than crimson)
The country derby has a shorter vamp than our current blucher, brass eyelets and rubber sole. The proportions of the shoe give it a very different look and feel. A bit more casual and more english than our other derbys.

- Cognac Pebble Grain Ottawa

- Dark Walnut CXL Diesel Boot with matching antique welts

View attachment 1273034 View attachment 1273035 View attachment 1273036 View attachment 1273038 View attachment 1273041 View attachment 1273039 View attachment 1273040

Here we all are waiting for some Kudu and Shell offerings and you guys drop this stuff on us?! Come on, do you guys think we have any self control? I like that Dark Walnut, that will be a hit with my wife.

@GrantStone the country derby lists 'Hand-stained Pebble Grain leather tanned by Horween', but it appears to be smooth CXL. Can you confirm the details please?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here we all are waiting for some Kudu and Shell offerings and you guys drop this stuff on us?! Come on, do you guys think we have any self control? I like that Dark Walnut, that will be a hit with my wife.

@GrantStone the country derby lists 'Hand-stained Pebble Grain leather tanned by Horween', but it appears to be smooth CXL. Can you confirm the details please?

View attachment 1273134
They know we have no self control, that's the reason to announce thing here :)

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

View attachment 1273134

Oops! Thanks for catching that. The Dark Walnut is indeed Chromexcel (smooth). This was the description for the other leather which is also Horween but a pebble grain.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These things are blue!!! Different blue than my Blue suede Indy's and my blue suede AE shoes, really a nice midnight shade. Well done GS!

They arrived! Man, these things are amazing. They are similar to my blue suede wingtip boots (I think) I posted earlier. I will have to compare the two shades later.

I am thoroughly impressed at the build quality and details on them!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads