• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Excited nonetheless! I'll be waiting for the pre-orders.. @audog better not have too many people getting on the 9D train!
Nope, I'm an 8.5 D in Leo. And one of the advantages of being retired and home is that one finds out about things early and can get on the "train" so to speak.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I own the Diesel boot in 8E and 8 1/2 D and the Ottawa in 8D. The Diesel boots feel fine and think I have used up the 1/2 size there. I'll have the check the length in the 8 1/2 tonight but suspect a 9 will be too big.

I'll try all three again while I am at it. I own my own stretchers, I wonder how much the suede would give. Any thoughts Wyatt?
If anyone will have ideas, it's Wyatt!

cardsfan89

Reaction score
We might have a shell ottawa pre order later this year. There are quite a few customers waiting for that make-up so we may need to stick to that pattern for the next round or two.

Will E/EEE widths be available for this?? If so I’d like to throw my name on the list

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
I own the Diesel boot in 8E and 8 1/2 D and the Ottawa in 8D. The Diesel boots feel fine and think I have used up the 1/2 size there. I'll have the check the length in the 8 1/2 tonight but suspect a 9 will be too big.

I'll try all three again while I am at it. I own my own stretchers, I wonder how much the suede would give. Any thoughts Wyatt?

I need a little toe stretch in my GS boots E width boots (and along with other boots). I have a shoe stretcher which works great for shoes - but won't fit for boots. The boot stretcher version I see on amazon seems very feeble at the joint and likely to break with use.

What kind of stretcher are you using for your boots?

Everyone else, any suggestions?

bpanicola

Reaction score
I need a little toe stretch in my GS boots E width boots (and along with other boots). I have a shoe stretcher which works great for shoes - but won't fit for boots. The boot stretcher version I see on amazon seems very feeble at the joint and likely to break with use.

What kind of stretcher are you using for your boots?

Everyone else, any suggestions?

This is the one I use and have had good results.

bpanicola

Reaction score
If anyone will have ideas, it's Wyatt!

I tried the 8D, 8E and 8 1/2 D on last night. The 9 will definitely be too big. The 8 D is too narrow for comfort. The extra width in the 8 E and slightly extra width and length in the 8 1/2 D make them much more comfortable.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Honestly I wouldn't suggest buying an 8D and trying to stretch it. It won't fit the same and ultimately the insole size doesn't change which is important. Stretchers can work as a last resort if there is pressure in a specific area but stretching out the entire upper for more volume wouldn't be ideal.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried the 8D, 8E and 8 1/2 D on last night. The 9 will definitely be too big. The 8 D is too narrow for comfort. The extra width in the 8 E and slightly extra width and length in the 8 1/2 D make them much more comfortable.
So 8 D is out, of the 8E and 8.5 D, which felt the best on your feet? that's the size to get, as Wyatt mentioned stretching won't change the internal portions of the boot, at most stretch the leather a bit and may cause issues with the shoe/boot down the road. I have ruined a couple pair of welted shoes in my life with a stretcher, although wife has used it on her cemented footwear with success.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GS Comipel on a Friday morning. Furnace guy due to arrive in a little while, friends dog coming for a 2 week "visit" this morning and wife just home from hospital. Going to be a busy weekend, and what better to start it with than Grant Stone shell goodness :)
IMG_9051.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads