• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the instep room on those? I might need a pair of those, but have a tough time with loafer fits.

I sized the same as the my Leo boots on these. I have a slight amount of extra room at the toes than I'd prefer, but that's a problem of being a 9.25 D with a high instep. It did take a few wears for the left vamp to stretch a bit for all day comfort, but since then I have no real issues with my instep.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Same Boots, different light. GS Horween Ottawa boots. They look like different boots in the sunlight
IMG_8850.jpeg
IMG_8856.jpeg

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was cleaning a pair of dune travelers today and took a couple up-close photos. This pair has been worn for quite a few months and has aged really well. The highs and lows are pretty dramatic and it has a very clean break (for cxl).

View attachment 1255833 View attachment 1255834
If I could guarantee a pair would look like that I would probably buy them. Just not a fan of the extreme wrinkled creasing most cxl develops.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was cleaning a pair of dune travelers today and took a couple up-close photos. This pair has been worn for quite a few months and has aged really well. The highs and lows are pretty dramatic and it has a very clean break (for cxl).

View attachment 1255833 View attachment 1255834
Those look really nice, mine have a few more wrinkles, but nice none the less.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What product did you use, Venetian Shoe Balm?

This pair today was just using venetian balm.

@GrantStone are you expecting a restock of brush's? Yours are my favorite.

We expect those to be restocked by the end of the month. I'm glad you like them. They are a little bigger but it's an ideal size when you actually sit down and polish a few pairs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads