• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some leather sole goodness on a Wednesday afternoon/evening on the deck. Just a great boot and the leather sole makes it even better, IMHO.
IMG_8830.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know! I was gonna pass as I thought they might be to similar to my snuff Indy's, but had to get them. I really like the Leo last.
They are similar, in that both are suede and the coloring is in the same palette, but that is about it. Indy's are a different toe pattern than NST, so that makes them different enough to have both!

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are similar, in that both are suede and the coloring is in the same palette, but that is about it. Indy's are a different toe pattern than NST, so that makes them different enough to have both!
I was already convinced lol. Atleast in pictures, bourbon appears a bit darker than snuff as well. Won't know until I have them in hand to compare, unless of course you wanna take a side by side pic.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was already convinced lol. Atleast in pictures, bourbon appears a bit darker than snuff as well. Won't know until I have them in hand to compare, unless of course you wanna take a side by side pic.
I could do that for you, but you have already ordered them :) They are different in color

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OG Ottawas today. Perfect comfort.
0nbjbE7.jpg

Will be in Japan in a month, and considering taking them again - will be weather-dependent.
Nice pairing with the trousers, how many "miles" would you guess are on you Ottawa's? Mine have LOTS of miles and the soles don't show much wear at all, they should last me my lifetime at the rate they are wearing. Even with rain and wet sidewalks and such.....

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pairing with the trousers, how many "miles" would you guess are on you Ottawa's? Mine have LOTS of miles and the soles don't show much wear at all, they should last me my lifetime at the rate they are wearing. Even with rain and wet sidewalks and such.....
Last time I estimated, it was well over 400 miles, and the soles look like they'll go 2X that easy.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last time I estimated, it was well over 400 miles, and the soles look like they'll go 2X that easy.
I have a number of leather sole footwear, and would put the GS leather sole up against any, or all, of the others I own, from any company. Things are awesome (and break in easy and are comfortable). I'm not a huge fan of the GS rubber sole (although better than Dainite), but guess that is what the "public" wants. Wish there was the option on GS footwear of rubber or leather sole

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads