• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need to get my company to update our office to get some better shoe shots to keep up with @audog

I anticipate that these will fit like a glove once broken in.

View attachment 1238922
Came in from watering the last of the vegetables in the garden and snapped this, as promised, dog got in the way a bit with her "yellow duck" toy.
IMG_8262.jpeg

mike2

Reaction score
If you wouldn't mind sending a photo of your bluchers laced up, we can give a better suggestion although I would lean towards 9.5E without seeing anything. IMPO, a heavy sock makes a big difference and can make an already snug shoe unbearable.

Thanks, I've sent a DM.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Replied!

I am glad to hear the positive feedback on the cap toe boot. It should be a great pattern for a range of leathers.

Here is a picture of a Dune PTB we were packing up today. Always enjoy seeing natural cxl with a shine.

View attachment 1239041

The cap-toe boot pattern is a winner and definitely deserves some special projects. I think that it falls right on the line of being casual enough and classy enough for the modern workplace. I'd be curious to see one with a non reverse/storm welt and a leather sole. Hopefully the sales prove me right.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The cap-toe boot pattern is a winner and definitely deserves some special projects. I think that it falls right on the line of being casual enough and classy enough for the modern workplace. I'd be curious to see one with a non reverse/storm welt and a leather sole. Hopefully the sales prove me right.
Welt and Leather sole, right there with you!

TheWolf

Reaction score
You guys are a bad influence. Two boxes from GS on the way.....

Suede Ottawa and British tan cap toe.
Was lucky enough to hit the b grades list at just the right time. Lucky is my word. Not my wife’s. Just to be clear.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, dude. @up1911fan isn't the person I'm referring to who spoke ill of Grant Stone. I'm talking about @Jamesbond1 . I merely quoted @up1911fan 's post for context, since @Jamesbond1 was replying to it.

P.S. Spier & Mackay is pretty great. They are kind of like the Grant Stone of the clothing world, in that they offer a tremendous value for the price and constantly engage their customers and implement feedback. But Grant Stone definitely has superior customer service. :thumbs-up:
Posted a response on that thread, suggest the gentleman check out the GS web site and see that the leathers are from places like Horween, CFStead, Comipel. He replied and said he would check it out, indicating, to me at least, that he really hadn't researched GS before posting his comments and re-reading them, they sound like the same old stuff that was floating around a couple of years ago. Which we here know is total BS and MiChina isn't an issue at all when done to the QC level that GS does it.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Way to show ‘em how it’s done, Dog!
I doubt if anyone will take notice, except a couple of the women employees and don't really care, cause its a subliminal message I want to send. Professional office that deals with peoples finances, dress like a pro damn it! Now:
100.gif

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting ready for tomorrow, going in to the office to fill in as the receptionist. Place is full of lousy footwear and wrinkled clothing, so I'm wearing a suit/white shirt/tie and these bad boys View attachment 1239106
The tech world is not much better.

Having heeled shoes definitely makes me stand out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads