• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably should've thrown on socks, but I couldn't resist with the summer days dwindling.

IMG-1284.JPG

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking at the photo posted of the new cap toe boot and have a question. The laces shown on the boot, I will assume are the laces they will ship with, are they waxed?

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looking at the photo posted of the new cap toe boot and have a question. The laces shown on the boot, I will assume are the laces they will ship with, are they waxed?

They are a waxed lace, similar to the originals with a higher percentage of wax. We have been working with the supplier to add more wax without making it look shiny and shrinking it down too much.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are a waxed lace, similar to the originals with a higher percentage of wax. We have been working with the supplier to add more wax without making it look shiny and shrinking it down too much.
I'm glad to hear that they are waxed, plain cotton laces are a pain as are highly reflective, shiny waxed ones. On an entirely different, but similar note, will the accessories page be listing spare laces for GS product at any time?

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that they are waxed, plain cotton laces are a pain as are highly reflective, shiny waxed ones. On an entirely different, but similar note, will the accessories page be listing spare laces for GS product at any time?

Yes! We will get this underway soon along with some replacement outsoles, hopefully.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We have a couple one-off samples available if any interest. *Only 2 currently available*
- 10.5D Midnight Suede Ottawa $320 (has leather sole)
- 10.5D Midnight Suede Traveler Penny $295 (butyl leather sole)

View attachment 1228614 View attachment 1228615
Wow, both of those are beautiful. The NST in Blue Suede is just a great looking boot, and with the best sole! Too bad it isn't an 8.5 or 9 :(

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Working from the home office today after finding out my truck was broken into last night. RIP Filson briefcase and work laptop / accessories.

Thankfully nice boots, with the newly added leather laces, make it easier to cope.

View attachment 1228741
Sorry to hear about the truck being broken in to by some scumbag. Boots do look great, and I hope the police catch the person responsible for the theft and recover your belongings.

Josh Lange

Reaction score
Working from the home office today after finding out my truck was broken into last night. RIP Filson briefcase and work laptop / accessories.

Thankfully nice boots, with the newly added leather laces, make it easier to cope.

View attachment 1228741

Wow... sorry to hear about the break-in. Boots are looking nice. Enjoy your weekend!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What a great pair of end of summer shoes these are. Unfortunately, I will be selling this pair as I purchased them before I had really figured out my GS size, I will be replacing them with same model but in the co
IMG_7905.jpeg
IMG_7909.jpeg
IMG_7911.jpeg
rrect size. So if anyone is 9.5D in the GS Leo Last and interested. PM me for more details. Oh, worn about 4 times as they are just too big.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads