• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Loafers seem to have been pretty popular! Any plans to expand that range going forward? Planning to scoop up a Dune pretty soon anyways, but would love a dark green or a crepe sole (definitely understand I'm probably the minority on that front).
Minority on dark green or crepe sole? or Both? Loafers are popular because it's SUMMER!!!! Loafer season and all. I think dark green would be interesting, not so interested in a crepe sole loafer however, kind of like the good ole leather sole myself.

Plumluck

Reaction score
Minority on dark green or crepe sole? or Both? Loafers are popular because it's SUMMER!!!! Loafer season and all. I think dark green would be interesting, not so interested in a crepe sole loafer however, kind of like the good ole leather sole myself.

I meant the crepe sole, think the dark olive CXL color is pretty well loved, though ideally I’d want like a British racing green/a truer green than olive.

Know that suggesting a crepe sole would be a hot-take, just is the comfiest sole I’ve ever worn, over all the usual leather and rubber options. I have a pair of camp moccasins with crepe soles that I swear by. They wear a little faster than other soles, but so worth it. When I have to go to work early, and am dragging, it’s one of those little comforts that makes me happy.

Owned rancourt’s version with crepe for a hot minute, but didn’t love the beef roll style or last shape.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I meant the crepe sole, think the dark olive CXL color is pretty well loved, though ideally I’d want like a British racing green/a truer green than olive.

Know that suggesting a crepe sole would be a hot-take, just is the comfiest sole I’ve ever worn, over all the usual leather and rubber options. I have a pair of camp moccasins with crepe soles that I swear by. They wear a little faster than other soles, but so worth it. When I have to go to work early, and am dragging, it’s one of those little comforts that makes me happy.

Owned rancourt’s version with crepe for a hot minute, but didn’t love the beef roll style or last shape.
British Racing Green???? Graham Hill or Jim Clark type of British racing green? I would respectfully suggest trying a pair of the GS Bluchers on the crepe sole, great summer shoe. I know, I have a pair and they get more wear than any other of my GS shoes, and I'm a boot guy so that's saying something.

bpanicola

Reaction score
Has anybody had issues with using the Pedag merino or Angora on wider width shoes? I had tried leather Pedag insoles and felt they were too narrow and didn’t fill the shoe. I tried buying larger sizes and trimming them but never felt I had a good fit.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody had issues with using the Pedag merino or Angora on wider width shoes? I had tried leather Pedag insoles and felt they were too narrow and didn’t fill the shoe. I tried buying larger sizes and trimming them but never felt I had a good fit.
I wish I could comment on the Pedag insoles, being saddled with Podiatrist prescribed insoles (which I have had to "adjust" with a pair of shears) I would love to be able to go with a Pedal or similar insole, I have "solved" the problem by going down 1/2 size from Brannock, eliminating the need for the orthotics. I know it doesn't make sense, but it works for me.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that sounds really cool, actually

pedarius

Reaction score

Not sure how wide you're talking about, but the Pedag merino comes in both medium and wide variants in most sizes. Personally, I'm using a 13M Pedag (I'm a 13D on Brannock) in 12E Travelers, and they're pretty much perfect at filling the interior of the shoe.

But, of course, I don't really have a wide foot to begin with (and a Grant Stone 12.5D would probably be an even better fit for me, if it existed), so not sure how helpful this is to you if you have EEE feet or similar.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I would respectfully suggest trying a pair of the GS Bluchers on the crepe sole, great summer shoe. I know, I have a pair and they get more wear than any other of my GS shoes, and I'm a boot guy so that's saying something.

Grant Stone doesn't make a crepe soled shoe.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Loafers seem to have been pretty popular! Any plans to expand that range going forward? Planning to scoop up a Dune pretty soon anyways, but would love a dark green or a crepe sole (definitely understand I'm probably the minority on that front).

Since we have some new boots coming in this fall and holiday, we might only introduce a couple new styles next spring, including one penny loafer. For a green or crepe sole penny, that would have to be a make-up shoe. No plans on something like that yet but green would be a nice option..

Plumluck

Reaction score
Since we have some new boots coming in this fall and holiday, we might only introduce a couple new styles next spring, including one penny loafer. For a green or crepe sole penny, that would have to be a make-up shoe. No plans on something like that yet but green would be a nice option..

@GrantStone, meaning MTO/custom? That’s rad, didn’t know you all offered that. Time to start saving.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@GrantStone, meaning MTO/custom? That’s rad, didn’t know you all offered that. Time to start saving.

We don't regularly do them but when we have the materials in stock we will do a pre order or special make up. There should be one coming soon and we will be sure to post it here.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feels like Friday, so I dressed like it
ZRukLH6.jpg

I love these socks
UI4Nhwu.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads