• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orbis881

Reaction score
Hope everybody had a great fathers day weekend.

No plans for a monk strap yet. Thats one shoe we may hold off on until we have quite a few more boots and dress shoe patterns. I do like them though. One of my favorites is the Paraboot monk strap with the heavier rubber sole.

No worries, Wyatt. I know when your company is ready for something, you go all in and do it very well.

On that note, I am enjoying my loafers, and the more I use them, the more they are becoming my favorites.

Keep up the good work.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
No worries, Wyatt. I know when your company is ready for something, you go all in and do it very well.

On that note, I am enjoying my loafers, and the more I use them, the more they are becoming my favorites.

Keep up the good work.

Really glad to hear you like the loafers. Hopefully we can use this last on some more patterns...

The last is a little full and bulbous for most tassel patterns but we are giving it a try now. A fuller-fitting GYW tassel is hard to come by.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really glad to hear you like the loafers. Hopefully we can use this last on some more patterns...

The last is a little full and bulbous for most tassel patterns but we are giving it a try now. A fuller-fitting GYW tassel is hard to come by.
It should lend itself to a tassel loafer, provided the upper portions are scaled proportionally. It's a good last/fit for most people.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This thread seems to regularly rustle your jimmies (what is this, 2008??).

Maybe you need to take an indefinite hiatus.

Not in the least. But I seem to regularly rustle your jimmies. Maybe you should just block me. ;)

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Haven't we all?

Well apparently you haven't, because you read and quoted my post. Lol. There is a way to block/ignore members so that you never see their posts:

Hover your cursor over a member's username/profile picture. Click "Ignore." Voila!

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think GS could be in a different strata if offering some of the "stock" models in shell, Horween would be cool :), however I like GS as they are: steady growth, with killer footwear and a serious bang for your buck attitude. I think we all would like it if GS had a bit of everything, rivaling some shoe/boot companies that have been in business 100 years or so, but they are still young, and have to pick product that will sell, to further growth and expansion. One day they will be that 100 yr old company and offer a sh*t load of product, but until then, I'm enjoying the ride with some awesome shoes/boots and some incredible people. Carry on!
I agree with all of the above. And I am not really whining. But that pebbled grain Ottawa is such a great looking boot, it is hard for me to see a pair in the wild without commenting on them. I thought the AE Raniers I bought in grain would scratch that itch. As much as I like some AE stuff, they are no match to Grant Stones quality in this “boot space.”

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree with all of the above. And I am not really whining. But that pebbled grain Ottawa is such a great looking boot, it is hard for me to see a pair in the wild without commenting on them. I thought the AE Raniers I bought in grain would scratch that itch. As much as I like some AE stuff, they are no match to Grant Stones quality in this “boot space.”
True, GS makes a better boot (and shoe). I agree that the pebble grain Ottawa, and perhaps a Diesel, should be a normal part of the lineup. It is both at once familiar and unique.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, I hope I didn't give the impression that I thought you were whining, not my intention at all. These forums are the place for healthy discussions and opinions on footwear. Some people need blocking, you are NOT one of them. Keep the discussion on GS going, it's healthy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads