• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We will do a small pre order for halloween with a black calf upper and black wedge sole. We might try to extend this to a black ottawa boot as well since there have been a lot of inquiries about one after discontinuing it last year.

View attachment 1057606
I would be in for a black Ottawa with antique welt/sole!
(Oops. Should have waited. Now I see that will be an available choice!)
:blush:

Last edited:

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My saddle tan Ottawas got a run today
n7G0Snt.jpg
Oops! Those are Diesels, right?
;)

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good, love my pair. It would be nice if they were a regular addition to the line.

I would love a pair in color 4 or brandy/mahogany. Something with a reddish tint to it.

ReubenR

Reaction score
Did Grant Stone ever make dirty bucs with a red gum sole?

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Did Grant Stone ever make dirty bucs with a red gum sole?

Nope, we have not. However, my Dad did start Grant Stone about 10 years ago and made bucks on the red eva sole. I have seen them around ebay.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So we are going to try something a little different for this Halloween pre order. It's an attempt to broaden the pre order options a bit. The leather is a black calf, but you can choose between four different patterns. Each pattern is it's own make-up, different than what we have made in the past.

This is more of a fun pre order, (beta version) where we will give this a shot and hopefully can improve and expand on the idea in the future. It is live now here.

rgweiser53

Reaction score
So we are going to try something a little different for this Halloween pre order. It's an attempt to broaden the pre order options a bit. The leather is a black calf, but you can choose between four different patterns. Each pattern is it's own make-up, different than what we have made in the past.

This is more of a fun pre order, (beta version) where we will give this a shot and hopefully can improve and expand on the idea in the future. It is live now here.

Can you say how this leather looks compared to the Chroexcel used in previous batches ?

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sure. This calf is similar to the french calf used on the longwings and plain toes. The article is a bit softer than the french calf though and not as matted as the CXL. Here is two photos of this italian calf. It has a good break and nice shine.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics