• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look incredible. Still trying to decide what my next pair of GS's will be. Would love something on shell.

I'd really like something in the Saddle Tan - the Diesel boot is probably the only one that makes sense given what I have (though that is a relative thing...)

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good choice. I do not own any PTB's so was thinking saddle tan veg. Such a great looking color in the pictures anyway.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good choice. I do not own any PTB's so was thinking saddle tan veg. Such a great looking color in the pictures anyway.

Here is a photo of a new pair next to a pair which had been worn for half a year or so.

2016-07-22 10.13.49-2 copy.jpg

roz77

Reaction score
Anyone that normally wears an E width have any luck with anything from Grant Stone?

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone that normally wears an E width have any luck with anything from Grant Stone?
Are you a Brannock-measured E? I'm the wide side of "D" and wear an "E" in several Alden and AE lasts. "D" works great for me in Leo - it is pretty generous for width. If you're a full-bore E I'm a little more skeptical. Email Grant Stone with what shoes fit you well and in what size/width and they should be able to tell you what will work.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just placed my order for the veg tan PTB's . I'm on my feet a lot for work and GS and Alden are my go to shoe. Can't wait to see the color of the veg tan.

AlanRS

Reaction score
Hi all. After asking for notification when it would be back in stock around two months ago, a couple weeks ago customer service let me know my size 12 vegetable tanned PTBs with Vibram ripple sole were back in. These shipped the same day I paid and were in my hands the next day -- impressive!

I wanted an extra-comfortable walking shoe for travel etc. and these seemed to fit the bill and a good way to give Grant Stone a try. Very happy with them after wearing for the first time yesterday. Very comfortable. I sized same as my Alden Barrie size and these fit better overall. I would guess that if your Barrie size is very snug, you might need to size up a half with these. For almost all, I think Barrie = Leo. My Barries are a little roomy and this pair from Grant Stone fit better. The veg tanned leather is very even with a couple minor darker areas. It has a bit of a shiny coating though. Hopefully this will go down with wear--as seen in the pictures from Grant Stone earlier in the thread. I look forward to getting some patina. Stitching is very even and tight. The welt join on both is very very good - better than most of my Aldens. Creasing on the first day was minimal. The packaging and "extras" that came with the shoe are a nice touch.

Overall, very pleased with these and looking forward to my next pair. Any shell makeups coming???

F31A9335-B59A-49F1-960C-B6B3199A950A_zpsw9saz5ry.jpg

7E6DB39D-3ECA-4BEE-A28A-D404AE92D5A7_zpsygppn94d.jpg

93587830-4D94-4335-A8A8-D14E0D9F8A7D_zpsh6rneta1.jpg

64322AAD-C80D-4F2B-BD8E-0E3A84D0B385_zps87atuetk.jpg

827EAEC5-C529-4B56-9D1B-AF3C3E8FDCB1_zpsnhfdovaf.jpg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My guess is some time with a brush before and after each wear will get them going where you want them. I like the saddle tan a lot - one of these days I'll find an excuse to grab a pair of diesel boots.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^^ Thanks for sharing!

Next weekend, June 3rd and 4th we will be holding a trunk show in NYC, featuring our full collection and a complete size run for fitting. If you have a special request or sku to see and or fit, please let us know. Below are the details and the Facebook link to RSVP.

Sat 3rd - Sun 4th, June: 11am -7pm
89 Avenue C, New York, NY

Event RSVP

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_8929.JPG
IMG_8923.JPG
My second pair of GS's arrived yesterday and they are fantastic. Veg tan PTB's . I'm not much of a reviewer but I will say the quality, fit and finish and most importantly to me is the custom service. I've emailed Wyatt on several occasions and ALWAYS had a reply in a timely manner and I respect that very much. I ordered these in the typical half size down and the fit is right on point. If your on the fence, give them a shot.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just deciding what shoes to wear today when I saw @Misterg12 post - you inspired me. The Dune CXL longwings are just plain comfortable...
ULQaxdh.jpg

LA6LznI.jpg

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just deciding what shoes to wear today when I saw @Misterg12 post - you inspired me. The Dune CXL longwings are just plain comfortable...
ULQaxdh.jpg

LA6LznI.jpg
That is a fantastic looking shoe. I do love how comfy they are.

roz77

Reaction score
ULQaxdh.jpg

LA6LznI.jpg

So is the Dune CXL like an olive/light brown color? I'm looking into getting a Dune PTB but I already have a dark brown CXL PTB and I don't want to be redundant.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is the Dune CXL like an olive/light brown color? I'm looking into getting a Dune PTB but I already have a dark brown CXL PTB and I don't want to be redundant.

It isn't the caramel color of the pix. Kind of a dark caramel. This is pretty close:
LJmvEnV.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads