• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chrismm

Reaction score
I just wanted to circle back and see if anyone has a response?
I'm dealing with a injury at the ball of my foot, and can't wear anything except leather and wedge soles now. The Alden Commando, Neocorke and Grant Stone dainite just kill my feet. I just decided to sale everything off at a huge loss. In my experience, the Wedge and then a Alden Flexwelt are the most comfortable. Plantation Crepe with Alden and Grant Stone are bearable, but still somewhat irritating for me.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pair of the storm suede diesels on the wedge sole and they are definitely a bit more comfortable than my micro stud/ leather sole boots from GS. Not that those are uncomfortable, just that the wedge sole feels bouncier and more akin to a pair of sneakers.
Good info! Thanks
I'm dealing with a injury at the ball of my foot, and can't wear anything except leather and wedge soles now. The Alden Commando, Neocorke and Grant Stone dainite just kill my feet. I just decided to sale everything off at a huge loss. In my experience, the Wedge and then a Alden Flexwelt are the most comfortable. Plantation Crepe with Alden and Grant Stone are bearable, but still somewhat irritating for me.

Ahhhh…yes, thanks! This is great information.

sammy

Reaction score
Guys,
I just received my first pair of GS- Traveler penny loafer and bourbon suede. I went down a half a size as suggested on their website. Overall, the shoe fits fine in the length and heel. However, the instep is quite snug. Is this normal for this model? Can I expect it to loosen with wear? Thanks

Last edited:

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy St. Patrick’s Day ☘️

09628619-78BE-4939-A888-D95DFD2C1546.jpeg
504CBE4A-6785-42CD-A726-E6B90716724B.jpeg

Canwin12

Reaction score
I just received my latest Grant Stone purchase, Brass Boot Jungle Kangaroo. My 5th purchase to date. Others are Diesel Dune CLX. Plain Toe Saddle Tan Veg. Brass Boot Saddle Tan. Brass Boot Crimson CXL (sold to my brother as they felt huge). The packaging as often noted is 1st class. These boots and shoes are all attractive and very well made. The company (Wyatt, Josh and staff) have done a great job. Fitting can be difficult when unable to try shoes on. I find the Floyd last feels much larger and longer when on the feet compared to the Leo last. I went from a 7.5EEE to a 7.5 E with the Brass Boot Kangaroo's. Getting the right size is easier in the US as there are no shipping and duty charges. So a consumer can order two sizes and keep one and return the other. Orders to Canada are subject to shipping costs and duty tax which is expensive. All my purchases are fitting somewhat big. The fit changes with the last which makes sense. The fit also changes with the leather differences in the same last as some leathers are softer and more pliable. The Brass boot in the jungle kangaroo is unique and handsome. The dark green color is striking in an understated sort of way. The leather is thinner making for a lighter boot with a slimmer appearance. The saddle tan Brass boot looks great. So does the Jungle kangaroo Brass boot plus it has a more refined and sophisticated look. I get compliments. I notice people looking at my footwear. Great job Grant Stone!! Another Home Run!

Attachments

• IMG_3424.jpeg
    IMG_3424.jpeg
    446.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3426.jpeg
    IMG_3426.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_3427.jpeg
    IMG_3427.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 208

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B grades have been updated. Get your size as it goes out of stock quickly

basu13

Reaction score
B grades have been updated. Get your size as it goes out of stock quickly
Thanks 👍 just snagged the captoe boots in crimson CXL.

Not sure why the e-mail notification for the B grade drop didn't reflect in my email though.

star656

Reaction score
Question: Is Earth waxy commander = Snuff waxy commander?

Or is Earth totally different than Snuff?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads