• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or Honey glazed shell Brass Boot on wedge? Horse hide?

I'm still interested in an 8" boot as well.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick walks in the woods are becoming more of a normal thing on lunch break. It's been a Brass Boot week for me with 4/5 days spent in them so far. I get a little bit of heel pressure and heel rub on this smaller pair, though it fits perfectly everywhere else. It's fine for office wear but I notice discomfort on my walks.
20220805_135241.jpg

Plus, today's wallet from Ashland. I like the subtle blue thread.
20220805_094005.jpg
20220805_093950.jpg

@delmar Do post photos in the wild.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone interested in the bison Diesel I think the pictures in the email earlier today are more helpful than most of the product page photos. Maybe it's just me, but I really like seeing things being worn when making purchasing decisions. The closeup is nice too.

unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone interested in the bison Diesel I think the pictures in the email earlier today are more helpful than most of the product page photos. Maybe it's just me, but I really like seeing things being worn when making purchasing decisions. The closeup is nice too.

View attachment 1819540 View attachment 1819541
GS studio shots are much better than the usual stuff but 100% agree I look for "real life" shots to truly determine color and texture.

Mine should arrive on Tuesday.

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or Honey glazed shell Brass Boot on wedge? Horse hide?

I'm still interested in an 8" boot as well.
Realistically I don’t think a 8” lined boot would work …. I do think horse hide would work however on almost any model even the shoes.. maybe just not the brass boot but I’d still buy one.

Also would like to see more wedge sole boots with the GS proprietary wedge. Out of the micro stud, mini lug and the GS wedge I think the wedge is the best sole they make hands down… yet it’s the least offered sole out of the 3.

the rumored field boot is supposed to have the grant stone wedge.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Realistically I don’t think a 8” lined boot would work …. I do think horse hide would work however on almost any model even the shoes.. maybe just not the brass boot but I’d still buy one.

Also would like to see more wedge sole boots with the GS proprietary wedge. Out of the micro stud, mini lug and the GS wedge I think the wedge is the best sole they make hands down… yet it’s the least offered sole out of the 3.

the rumored field boot is supposed to have the grant stone wedge.

A lot of die hard boot people are not into that look, so they probably cant offer it too widely (wouldn't it be cool if there were sole options?). Personally, wedges are my least favorite aesthetically on most leather shoes, but I have them on the GS Tan Suede Diesel and oh are they a pleasure to walk in.

IMO on the Brass boot, that white wedge pairs beautifully with the black CXL, maybe enough to finally win me over to the BB style. I agree that for comfort, its so superior to the hard rubbers.

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that for comfort, its so superior to the hard rubbers.
A perfect example would be both my maduro and badalassi brass boots. I wear the Badalassi all the time and never wear the maduros. I really only have asphalt to walk on. If the maduros came with a wedge I would wear them just as often as the Badalassi

I personally don’t care if somebody doesn’t like the look of a wedge sole. I’d rather have a wedge if that means I can wear it without being compromised.

Drzdave58

Reaction score
A perfect example would be both my maduro and badalassi brass boots. I wear the Badalassi all the time and never wear the maduros. I really only have asphalt to walk on. If the maduros came with a wedge I would wear them just as often as the Badalassi

I personally don’t care if somebody doesn’t like the look of a wedge sole. I’d rather have a wedge if that means I can wear it without being compromised.
I had Vibram wedge soles installed on both pairs of my GS boots. I wear them way more often now than when they had the original stud soles, super comfortable.
278B89A6-162A-46C8-8E61-8EAB85B7C011.jpeg
092B8BC6-6C08-4549-B82A-5AAD80288989.jpeg

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all - downsizing the collection and decided to post my Honey Glazed shell cordovan Ottawas. Thought it might be of interest to people on here. Size is 10.5D.
20220807_104753.jpg

Feel free to shoot me a DM with any questions. Additional details can be found here:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads