• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adam1Ray

Reaction score
That seems perfectly fine and the room in front of your toe does not appear to be excessive at all. Enjoy your boots. I regularly have around an inch of space in my toebox and that is considered a good fit lengthwise.

Thanks
This is my first pair of GS and my toe being on this side of the stich is throwing me off I think, when that stich sits so far back

KIcarus

Reaction score
Any chance the suede buck will be having a restock sometime this year? I had my eye on it for a while, and when I finally had the free cash, it was out in my size.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks
This is my first pair of GS and my toe being on this side of the stich is throwing me off I think, when that stich sits so far back
The most important measurement is heel to ball, not heel to toe. In other words, it is good for the widest part of your foot (ball joint) to sit at the widest part of the boot.

Also consider: the Brass Boot has a tall toe box... so where you feel your toe pushing against the leather is actually a bit further back than where it will rest on the footbed, since the toe is being lifted up at an angle.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Added 8.5D bourbon Ottowa's and Cognac Shell Cap toes boots to the BST thread.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saddle Tan Ottawa's on a cold afternoon
IMG_9901.JPG

DawgPound

Reaction score
Hey all! It seems like some sizes of different boots were just restocked. I got several notices yesterday and today. I’ve been wanting one of them since it came out and I waited too long then. So, this time I got the order in immediately and it is now shipped. I’m excited and will post when the pair arrives. In the meantime, today I’m wearing the pair that first got my attention with Grant Stone.
DE7B4EF3-D0F6-44FA-8F97-84244E5DED86.jpeg

bballer87

Reaction score
Hey all! It seems like some sizes of different boots were just restocked. I got several notices yesterday and today. I’ve been wanting one of them since it came out and I waited too long then. So, this time I got the order in immediately and it is now shipped. I’m excited and will post when the pair arrives. In the meantime, today I’m wearing the pair that first got my attention with Grant Stone.
View attachment 1735432
Nice, which pair did you grab today?

whipcord

Reaction score
Are exchanges fairly painless with the company? Also, are they opposed to me ordering a couple different sizes on my first order since I have no idea what will fit having never owned the brand, or will they charge me a restocking fee?

I wear a size 12 sneaker so was going to order some 11 1/2 D Diesel Boots in Crimson (though I prefer the darker welt on the Crimson Cap Toe but they are out of my size). Every time I have ordered an 11 1/2 in something it is too small, so I am a little worried. I just had that experience with some Bruno Magli boots. I have a sneaking suspicion that I might be between a D and an E in this boot, too.

Once I get the boot fit right I want to order a pair of their loafers as well. I like those suede Loden Travelers.

Moeck14

Reaction score
Are exchanges fairly painless with the company? Also, are they opposed to me ordering a couple different sizes on my first order since I have no idea what will fit having never owned the brand, or will they charge me a restocking fee?

I wear a size 12 sneaker so was going to order some 11 1/2 D Diesel Boots in Crimson (though I prefer the darker welt on the Crimson Cap Toe but they are out of my size). Every time I have ordered an 11 1/2 in something it is too small, so I am a little worried. I just had that experience with some Bruno Magli boots. I have a sneaking suspicion that I might be between a D and an E in this boot, too.

Once I get the boot fit right I want to order a pair of their loafers as well. I like those suede Loden Travelers.
There is a $10 restocking fee for any returns. I haven't done any exchanges but GS customer service is great so I feel it should be painless. One thing to note, if you crease the boots or wear them outside, you won't be able to return them. They have to be in brand new condition for a return/exchange.

Bacharini

Reaction score
@GrantStone
Will there be a restock of the earth diesel boot in 10.5 E anytime soon?
Also, I wish you had more dark brown shoes/boots in general. Most of your offerings are too light or strange to be versatile imo.
Thank you.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Bacharini

Your comment got me curious, so I quickly surveyed their 'boots' page (including in stock, and out of stock). In my somewhat arbitrary estimation, out of 54 boots, there are 27 boots in traditional dark leather. I counted 17 boots in traditional medium-to-light leathers and only 10 boots in non-traditional colors, even reaching a bit to include the ostrich, blue suede (Ottawas) and dark green leathers. I also don't consider Maduro and Honey Glazed shells to be "strange", as they're well within the "normal, accepted" color spectrum of traditional footwear.

I might have agreed with your post before actually looking over their offerings. Sorry, I didn't take the time to include their shoes or their final sale selections.

I believe Grant Stone has done a great job of supplying plenty of core basics while keeping the enthusiasts excited with exotic leather offerings.

megamega

Reaction score
I was wondering how much is a difference between a 10EEE and an 11E in the Floyd or the Leo last?

ac106

Reaction score
@Bacharini

Your comment got me curious, so I quickly surveyed their 'boots' page (including in stock, and out of stock). In my somewhat arbitrary estimation, out of 54 boots, there are 27 boots in traditional dark leather. I counted 17 boots in traditional medium-to-light leathers and only 10 boots in non-traditional colors, even reaching a bit to include the ostrich, blue suede (Ottawas) and dark green leathers. I also don't consider Maduro and Honey Glazed shells to be "strange", as they're well within the "normal, accepted" color spectrum of traditional footwear.

I might have agreed with your post before actually looking over their offerings. Sorry, I didn't take the time to include their shoes or their final sale selections.

I believe Grant Stone has done a great job of supplying plenty of core basics while keeping the enthusiasts excited with exotic leather offerings.

Versatility in general is mostly nonsense once you get past your first few pairs of shoes.

When you get to the point of looking at NST boots or shell cordovan or reverse chamois or whatever you are well past worrying about versatility.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, but versatility is still a selling point, at least to me. I keep maybe 10 boots and twice that many shoes in the rotation. I don't like to overly think about which boots go with what, but rather just grab a pair of boots that goes with most everything I wear.

If you want options: I contend that the brown Brass Boot is a masterclass in versatility.

@megamega I think the 10EEE is going to be more voluminous compared to the 11E (basically feel more roomy), and a tad shorter. Be warned, the Floyd last is already extremely roomy in a D width.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads