• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sfemet

Reaction score
Looking forward to pics of the forest kudu boots, do post some. It's a bit of a left wing choice and not many seem to have picked them up. Love the color but I'm personally not a fan of the kudu leather (for wearing myself) and so did not consider picking them up. Eager to see some pics of your pair!

Took a few since realistically I won’t be getting much else done this afternoon anyway. Tried to show a couple different lightings (inside/outside) to give a better sense:
3F29CC2C-3F9B-46BA-AE82-5DA30BD50616.jpeg
D99D1A73-DA4D-4B34-B9E8-4165FAB51C48.jpeg
026A3B9D-7056-429E-A6AF-6FBCE5A53E4A.jpeg
69BBA31B-BD85-4776-854D-9EB51A4B5B44.jpeg

The green is unusual but wth, only love once. I really like the contrasting welt, and the grain and variation of the leather. It’s got a looser grain on the upper and denser at the toe, maybe you can see it here a bit:

631C1E94-78AA-47F2-9670-49BBCBD66C6A.jpeg

You can tell it was skin which I like. To the touch it is extremely soft and supple. Out of the box they’re just immediately impressive. I can’t comment on wearing kudu generally but this is my first wear and they were supremely comfortable right out of the box. These are 7.5EEE so shape of the boot may vary for someone with more slender feet as my shoe modeling career won’t be going anywhere. Though it isn’t clear in the pics above, in less bright light they are quite dark, like greenish black.

Those are great! My wife would make endless fun of me if I did wear socks with loafers, lol. California thing I guess.

Haha, perhaps! New England here so she’s got different associations. She’s not a fan of loafers at all, really, but I’m still trying to change her mind.

basu13

Reaction score
Took a few since realistically I won’t be getting much else done this afternoon anyway. Tried to show a couple different lightings (inside/outside) to give a better sense:
View attachment 1706581 View attachment 1706582 View attachment 1706583 View attachment 1706584

The green is unusual but wth, only love once. I really like the contrasting welt, and the grain and variation of the leather. It’s got a looser grain on the upper and denser at the toe, maybe you can see it here a bit:

View attachment 1706590

You can tell it was skin which I like. To the touch it is extremely soft and supple. Out of the box they’re just immediately impressive. I can’t comment on wearing kudu generally but this is my first wear and they were supremely comfortable right out of the box. These are 7.5EEE so shape of the boot may vary for someone with more slender feet as my shoe modeling career won’t be going anywhere. Though it isn’t clear in the pics above, in less bright light they are quite dark, like greenish black.

Haha, perhaps! New England here so she’s got different associations. She’s not a fan of loafers at all, really, but I’m still trying to change her mind.
Real cool, thanks for sharing. The color is surprisingly versatile and goes well with dark jeans.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Real cool, thanks for sharing. The color is surprisingly versatile and goes well with dark jeans.
For some reason, dark leathers are hit and miss with me to pair with denim (I know I'm weird).

The Forest Kudu is a home run

basu13

Reaction score
For some reason, dark leathers are hit and miss with me to pair with denim (I know I'm weird).

The Forest Kudu is a home run
The color is truly lovely. Did read your Reddit review on the forest kudus too. By the way, and as a side note- your reviews on the British tan captoes ensured that I placed an order for a pair with GS and they are on the way as we speak! Dig the chunky but clean captoe designs from GS.

rcplanefan

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the Black Friday sale will end? I just bought my first pair of Grant Stones (Brass in Crimson) and love them. I think I’ll buy another pair, but I want to make sure I don’t miss the sale window. Thanks!

wonsmithr8

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the Black Friday sale will end? I just bought my first pair of Grant Stones (Brass in Crimson) and love them. I think I’ll buy another pair, but I want to make sure I don’t miss the sale window. Thanks!

Believe it's 11/30

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw my first pair of Grant Stones in the wild yesterday. I was at Ealdwine for their Boots and Bourbon meetup, and a customer happened to talk in wearing a pair of Crimson Diesel boots!

He actually lived a couple hours away and was stopping in to pick up something from the store - he also mentioned he'd recently run into the guy who runs the aerosurferlv channel on YouTube.

It was a lot of fun talking boots that afternoon :)

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw my first pair of Grant Stones in the wild yesterday. I was at Ealdwine for their Boots and Bourbon meetup, and a customer happened to talk in wearing a pair of Crimson Diesel boots!

He actually lived a couple hours away and was stopping in to pick up something from the store - he also mentioned he'd recently run into the guy who runs the aerosurferlv channel on YouTube.

It was a lot of fun talking boots that afternoon :)

What are the odds! I'd like to think there are thousands of people around the world wearing Grant Stone, but not sure what their sales figures are like. Suffice to say, I never expect to see any in the wild. Have never even seen Aldens around here.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a tale of three pairs of boots.

My AE Longbranch boots served me long and faithfully as farm-duty work boots. They could get dirty and muddy but always cleaned up nicely. And they rubber lug soles provided enough bite and traction to get up and down slopes. But, like an old hunting dog, it was time to bring them inside to live out their golden years.
20211024_172639.jpg

20211024_172718.jpg

So, I needed a replacement pair of boots that could handle medium duty work. I bought a pair of Alden 403's for the task. They performed well - they're quite sturdy and resilient. No matter how dirty they got, they cleaned up nicely. But the leather soles offered no traction on uneven, slippery surfaces. I couldn't climb a steep grassy field without slipping.
20211010_180213.jpg

20211010_180146.jpg

Next, I purchased a pair of kudu Brass boots from GS. They've been out to the farm for 3 long weekends. And they're getting worn from sunrise to sunset. The kudu uppers are very resilient and clean up well. The rubber lug soles make me feel like a mountain goat - great traction! I think these may be the replacement boots I've been looking for...

20211121_101921.jpg

20211121_101916.jpg

20211121_102307.jpg

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
Anyone snag the dune Chelsea’s yet? Been considering grabbing them but have seen on feet pics yet

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads