• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't really had an issue with cat hair and suede and I have several pairs in suede.

I only have the one rug where it seems to accumulate.

My GS collection is growing, brass boot is next.

3C4BB702-0174-444B-AD56-2198A70ABFDD.jpeg

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
The heel is definitely roomy, but the boot quarter helps keeping it in place.

Unfortunately, the oxfords/derbies do not fit well because there is no tall quarter to lock down the heel and prevent slipping.

This is my experience as well.

I also think the walls of the heels for derbies are too low / shallow to grip the heels. @GrantStone Any recommendation to alleviate that?

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
This is my experience as well.

I also think the walls of the heels for derbies are too low / shallow to grip the heels. @GrantStone Any recommendation to alleviate that?
This is always an initial problem for me, but as the leather softens and the sole breaks in, it gets much better.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@FatTuesday

Those are ?!!! Wow, impressive. I also believe you wear rancourts? Are you the same size as grant stone or? I also like rancourt offerings.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I have loafers and Ranger mocs from Rancourt. I own lots of boots from GS plus a couple bluchers. Sort of apples to oranges comparison. I tend to drop a width in loafers to prevent heel slip. Also, GS's boot lasts are generous - I occasionally drop a 1/2 size to accommodate.

? to ?.

basu13

Reaction score
Haven't really had an issue with cat hair and suede and I have several pairs in suede.

I only have the one rug where it seems to accumulate.

My GS collection is growing, brass boot is next.

View attachment 1686913
Noticed that your forest kudu boot is 9 EEE while all the other three are 8.5 EEE. Do both sizes fit equally well? I am since I'm trying to figure out GS sizing myself. I am a 9 D (bordering on E) on the Brannock scale.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noticed that your forest kudu boot is 9 EEE while all the other three are 8.5 EEE. Do both sizes fit equally well? I am since I'm trying to figure out GS sizing myself. I am a 9 D (bordering on E) on the Brannock scale.
My first shoe was 9 EEE and I had a lot of heel slip so I went to 8.5EEE. I’ve since realized that 9 EEE is the better fi(leather sole took a long time to break in).
The length on the Diesel is fine in 8.5 I just don’t have enough cone/instep height. 9 may have given me just enough but I’m hopeful that stretching will be enough. If it was CXL I would have no fear as that stretches really well.

Also hopeful the brass boot will have more space.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads