• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, I almost forgot. Today we re-stocked most D & E widths in the Jungle Kangaroo Diesel Boot. There are also a handful of limited release styles re-stocked, including the dark burgundy kudu diesel boot and both the Traveler and Diesel in the sky (blue) reverse kudu.
Limited Releases
View attachment 1684481
View attachment 1684482
If my brannock size is 9.5D, but I like the fit of Grant Stone Leo 8EEE way more than 9D does it make sense to try 9E on makeups where 8EEE is not available? Or should I probably just stick to the makeups available in EEE?

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If my brannock size is 9.5D, but I like the fit of Grant Stone Leo 8EEE way more than 9D does it make sense to try 9E on makeups where 8EEE is not available? Or should I probably just stick to the makeups available in EEE?

Based on our previous conversations and seeing how these sizes fit you, it's likely you would be comfortable in a 9E.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time wearing the black CXL Ottawa boots out. I debated between these and the blacked out Diesel, but the Ottawa makeup seems more versatile to me. Waited for these Guarded Goods laces before wearing. The Grant Stone ones are a bit long for how close the quarters are for me.

451632FC-C584-4200-80DF-DC24044A4333.jpeg 5ACC2A3B-A32A-464F-8033-916B317BB080.jpeg 7A4D7323-2151-413B-A8AA-7B53E1911BB0.jpeg

And the crimson CXL cap toe boots after about half a dozen wears.

3F1C387B-8E9B-4147-B642-C15F44BA7047.jpeg 4C62B868-7FA4-4961-BC35-F764B42DC82D.jpeg 20246C49-39B3-486E-9022-21099206A0DD.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can confirm. They are Chup. All the socks I wear with my boots are Chup, Anonymousism, Rototo, or Nishiguchi Kutsushita. If you like busy patterns Chup has you covered more so than those other brands.
Ealdwine Raleigh sells Chup, in case anyone wants to know. I wear a lot of Chup socks. Caveat....DO NOT LET YOUR WIFE PUT THEM IN THE DRYER...

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How thick are the Chups, like a boot sock or just a weighty dress sock? I'm always on the lookout for [cheap-ish] dress socks that aren't paper thin. I just purged a bunch of old socks last night.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
How thick are the Chups, like a boot sock or just a weighty dress sock? I'm always on the lookout for [cheap-ish] dress socks that aren't paper thin. I just purged a bunch of old socks last night.
I love the Kennedy from American Trench. Good price, good quality, good color selection, very versatile. Medium-light weight.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are thick like a boot sock, perhaps not as thick as something like smart wool or Thorlo, but not a thin dress sock for sure.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah thanks. Are the chub socks as thick as the costco wool blend Kirkland ones? I find the Kirkland trail socks just a tad too thick for me.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah thanks. Are the chub socks as thick as the costco wool blend Kirkland ones? I find the Kirkland trail socks just a tad too thick for me.
Never bought socks at Costco, but the Chup are less thick than Thorlo socks. Chups are known for the "decorative" patterns, good socks pricey, but good. Here is a link to Ealdwine page with chups : https://www.ealdwineraleigh.com/chup-socks

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the Kennedy from American Trench. Good price, good quality, good color selection, very versatile. Medium-light weight.

+1 on the Kennedy from American Trench. Great quality, not too heavy weight, strong on the Ivy vibe. Fantastic customer service too. USPS failed to deliver my last shipment and they sent the whole order out again without batting an eyelid. Link for those who are curious.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Never bought socks at Costco, but the Chup are less thick than Thorlo socks. Chups are known for the "decorative" patterns, good socks pricey, but good. Here is a link to Ealdwine page with chups : https://www.ealdwineraleigh.com/chup-socks

Huge fan of Chups too. Usually with some careful searching around the internet I manage to find some on sale. Especially on Xmas type patterns around the holidays. What I really like about them is that they have a couple of actual sizes, instead of that "one size fits all" approach, which in my experience means socks that are typically too big.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads