• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1/2 size down for me with Grant Stone as well. I’ve only recently gotten back into sneakers.

Brannock 9.5D
Grant Stone 9D (8.5D for loafers)
Adidas Ultraboost 10
Adidas Nite Jogger 10.5
Brooks Ghost 13 10
New Balance 574 10.5
Nike Blazer 10
Shoes Like Pottery 01JP 9
PRAS 27 (aka 9)
Iron Heart 9

Sizing seems really weird with sneakers compared to the boots I’ve tried where I am almost always 9D. I have more issues when figuring out sneaker sizing because when most people say ‘true to size’ with sneakers it seems like they actually mean 1/2 up from their brannock size. But most sneaker people probably aren’t familiar with their brannock size. Either that or they love their toes touching the front.

Last edited:

BrandonF

Reaction score
Inaugural outing for these Grant Stone loafers. Extremely impressed with the build quality; my first with their loafers.

Who needs white socks when you're as pale as a sheet of printer paper?

View attachment 1643886 View attachment 1643887

Those look great. I’m very tempted by them, but I’ve found Grant Stones suede footwear always is tighter for me in the instep than CXL, and my Dune Travelers would not fit if they had been tighter. Had to get them stretched twice (now they fit perfect). Don’t want to size up, since they’re borderline too long as is.

EUtroll

Reaction score
Very keen on the loafers too, the best design available at the moment in my view, but between getting the sizing right and shipping to Europe...

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great. I’m very tempted by them, but I’ve found Grant Stones suede footwear always is tighter for me in the instep than CXL, and my Dune Travelers would not fit if they had been tighter. Had to get them stretched twice (now they fit perfect). Don’t want to size up, since they’re borderline too long as is.

Very interesting. I am looking to get some CXL loafers very soon.

I wonder if the suede can be lasted more tightly than CXL, hence why it's tight.

Very keen on the loafers too, the best design available at the moment in my view, but between getting the sizing right and shipping to Europe...

They really are very nice!

Do you have sizes for Alden/AE? We can help with sizing. Shipping can be done by a member here!

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never appreciated GS boxes more than when I opened this masterpiece from Alden today. Yes, this is exactly what it looked like when I opened the shipping box.

20210729_135601.jpg

Turns31

Reaction score
Never appreciated GS boxes more than when I opened this masterpiece from Alden today. Yes, this is exactly what it looked like when I opened the shipping box.

View attachment 1646173
Alden definitely needs to revamp their boxes. They're thin and super cramped especially when you got a pair of Indys in there or something.

Drzdave58

Reaction score
Hey Grant Stone: will you be restocking the Edward loden boot again and are you planning any new releases in suede boots?

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a fantastic night last night in my new GS suede loafers.

How last night went

PXL_20210801_012910254.jpg
PXL_20210801_005406779.jpg

How today's going. Should have taken a shorts photo as they're much worse!
PXL_20210801_204121760.jpg
PXL_20210801_204125247.jpg
PXL_20210801_204129341~2.jpg

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is NOT normal for Alden, although I agree that GS boxing is head of the class.

Totally. Not the norm. Buuuut anecdotally, I'd say 30% of my alden boxes showed up trashed.

Which is just why I appreciate the GS fam's attention to every part of the process.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Totally. Not the norm. Buuuut anecdotally, I'd say 30% of my alden boxes showed up trashed.

Which is just why I appreciate the GS fam's attention to every part of the process.
Don't want to open a useless discussion or thread, but I have never had an Alden box issue from an
Alden dealer. I also, have never had a GS box/packing issue. I would say that every pair of GS I have received has been packed to a level every company should aspire to. Better than anyone, regardless of brand. That being said, I have never been disappointed with Alden packing, unless I get a pair of GS and Alden on the same day, the GS wins as far as box/packing goes.

Drzdave58

Reaction score
Don't want to open a useless discussion or thread, but I have never had an Alden box issue from an
Alden dealer. I also, have never had a GS box/packing issue. I would say that every pair of GS I have received has been packed to a level every company should aspire to. Better than anyone, regardless of brand. That being said, I have never been disappointed with Alden packing, unless I get a pair of GS and Alden on the same day, the GS wins as far as box/packing goes.
How would a veteran boot guy like you compare the quality of the products inside of those two boxes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics