• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kkstpattisday

Reaction score
Happy Monday! The Chukkas have arrived. There are three colorways including Crimson CXL, Earth (waxed commander) and Tan suede. They have a thick crepe sole, so these are not lightweight chukkas, although they do break in easily and have a softer feel.

View attachment 1624427
Thank you to Wyatt and Josh been waiting with bated breath for these to materialize. Bought them and will be my first grant stone pair. Now I don’t have to bother the boys in Michigan any longer. Stoked! BTW Dale and all his YouTube videos helped me in my decision making.

Beav

Reaction score
Get ready for a severe case of Non-buyer's remorse...

I'm pleased to present the new Maduro shell cordovan Brass Boots by Grant Stone!

Once again, the cobblers at GS hit a home run. Execution is flawless. The Horween shell is substantial and magnificent. I love the rugged commando soles. Even the box is stellar.

View attachment 1624366 View attachment 1624367 View attachment 1624368 View attachment 1624369 View attachment 1624370

The folks at Grant Stone are hitting all the right buttons! Excellent job, guys!
Yeah I wish I got in on that ?

User123456789

Reaction score
Happy Monday! The Chukkas have arrived. There are three colorways including Crimson CXL, Earth (waxed commander) and Tan suede. They have a thick crepe sole, so these are not lightweight chukkas, although they do break in easily and have a softer feel.

View attachment 1624427

Those look great!

I've been shopping for a snuff suede chukka boot, and those are spot on the design I'd like. Any plans to offer them in your bourbon suede in the future?

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1624427
Man - the Earth makeup essentially says "Dude - I can handle anything you throw at me..."

DawgPound

Reaction score
Enjoying my Ottawa’s today. Getting more comfy as they break in. Really like them.
57497AB0-FD76-4A60-B619-1F2A1C52D476.jpeg

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1624427
Saw these on IG and man, these are fantastic!

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GS Brass Boots in Maduro shell cordovan on commando-style soles...

20210616_083142.jpg
20210616_083146.jpg
20210616_083149.jpg

The shell is substantial on these and will require a bit of a break in. This means that these will be tough-as-nails over their life, which I really like.

Last edited:

roz77

Reaction score
Don’t know if this has been discussed before, but is there much difference between Dune CXL and Natural CXL? Particularly in the long-term look?

bigtimejackq

Reaction score
GS Brass Boots in Maduro shell cordovan on commando-style soles...

View attachment 1625411 View attachment 1625412 View attachment 1625413

The shell is substantial on these and will require a bit of a break in. This means that these will be tough-as-nails over their life, which I really like.

Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing these photos. I have a pair coming mid July and they'll be my first pair of boots. Never been a boot guy but could not resist on these.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Dune Traveller’s the other day! They are such a nice loafer and it’s so nice having a loafer that finally fits my feet. I wear a 9E in Leo with Cushion Darn Tough Socks and took a 9D in these. Nothing is pinching or excessively tight. Looking forward to wearing them a lot! Breaking them in around the house today!

Attachments

• 4AB3D96B-5C37-4941-A351-CF7E504B23D6.jpeg
    4AB3D96B-5C37-4941-A351-CF7E504B23D6.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 77

BrandonF

Reaction score
Don’t know if this has been discussed before, but is there much difference between Dune CXL and Natural CXL? Particularly in the long-term look?

If I remember correctly, Dune is essentially natural CXL with a layer of brown polish applied. So it should age the same as natural CXL but initially has a bit more color and depth.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have both Dune and Natty cxl boots. They age very similarly, the natty starts out a bit lighter and the Dune has a darker finish, but after a year of wear, both are turning a light brown. phone is dead battery or I would take pix.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads