• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@GrantStone is there any chance the chukkas will be releasing in the next month?
Yes! We should be about 4 weeks out.

For those who missed the pics a few pages back, I am reposting them from @GrantStone original posts.

1620421238772.png
1620421267682.png

I believe these are the details:
  • Crimson CXL (antique welt), Earth Chamois (natural welt), and Tan suede (natural welt)
  • Crepe soles (black on crimson CXL and Earth Chamois, natural on tan suede)
  • Leather insoles
  • Lined
  • Steel shank

Last edited:

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Grant Stone’s commando is far superior to their dainite clone.

Can't wait to try GS commando, maybe it's even a little more forgiving than the real thing. I'm a rubber soul ;) kinda guy and dont mind Dainite. I been hoping for some GS offerings in commando or ridgeway styles.

Last edited:

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great stuff incoming from Grant Stone! The tan Essex is very appealing.

Crimson CXL Ottawa today. My apartment is pretty run down and mediocre, but we do have a few great trees in the front yard! Pretty time of year here in New England.

ED870393-A57A-43EA-A4AC-0C3CC3B59DE8.jpeg D62E5095-429A-4B9C-B02A-B88BC464B5AB.jpeg CD1453F9-9B7C-46EB-A361-FCBE87CE2B16.jpeg

Drzdave58

Reaction score
@GrantStone

Essex Boot is #1 by a far margin.
Wish the Kudu had a darker welt (as a Gen X-er, I am not into contrasting welts) but still very cool.

Blue Suede, I'll leave that to the hipsters in Gen Z (and the millennials too because we know how they get when they feel left out of something they can post on IG).

Overall, it appears GS continues to have a very bright future.
Couldnt you darken the welt yourself ?

Saleemmd

Reaction score

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
85 there. 54 here. Whole lot more boot days over in New England. Then again some people do still wear boots no matter the weather.

DawgPound

Reaction score
I can relate...already in the 90's here in AZ. Barely enough time to break in my black GS Ottawa boots. Loafer season right now...looking forward to the next maduro drop on the Travelers. Given my loafer collection is very limited (dune Travelers that I love and AE Palm Beach), and that I plan on picking up the maduro Travelers later this year, what would you get next? The bourbon suede or navy CXL? Yes, both is ideal, but I have another pair inbound and have to pace things to keep me out to trouble ? I've been leaning towards the bourbon suede.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads