• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
I very seriously doubt the GS team has any issues with your post. As someone who has had a fair number of their boxes shipped to my home, I'm pretty surprised though - they pack well and I've never had the interior box damaged at all that I can remember (whereas it's more often the case than not with Alden).
Congrats on two great pairs!

Two pairs of GS, no problem with squashed boxes. Lol my last pair of Alden's came looking like delivery truck driver used the box to get himself unstuck from the mud.

IMG_2001.jpeg

IMG_2002.jpeg

Last edited:

rdugz

Reaction score
@GrantStone any plans for kudu chelseas in the future? Or any kinds of "fun" leathers you've offered in other pre-orders?

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DawgPound

Reaction score
Two pairs of GS, no problem with squashed boxes. Lol my last pair of Alden's came looking like delivery truck driver used the box to get himself unstuck from the mud.

View attachment 1604865

View attachment 1604866
I’ve also had AE’s arriving in boxes in similar condition and praying a little that the goodies inside were still ok. The GS shoe boxes are nice, and the shipping boxes are very sturdy compared to other shipments I receive from others. No complaints here!

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@GrantStone any plans for kudu chelseas in the future? Or any kinds of "fun" leathers you've offered in other pre-orders?

We do have some kudu, reverse kudu, essex and color cxl coming down the pipeline. At least one of these will be a pre-order. The only new Chelsea for this season will be a tan suede.

Maduro longwings right? right? Please?

We have a pretty big backlog for the current 4 patterns so probably not, sorry!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

BrandonF

Reaction score
We do have some kudu, reverse kudu, essex and color cxl coming down the pipeline. At least one of these will be a pre-order. The only new Chelsea for this season will be a tan suede.

Any pictures to share of any of these?

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@GrantStone

Essex Boot is #1 by a far margin.
Wish the Kudu had a darker welt (as a Gen X-er, I am not into contrasting welts) but still very cool.

Blue Suede, I'll leave that to the hipsters in Gen Z (and the millennials too because we know how they get when they feel left out of something they can post on IG).

Overall, it appears GS continues to have a very bright future.

AUPolo11

Reaction score
This is a Burgundy Kudu that will be an upcoming pre-order.
View attachment 1606175

Tan Essex Diesel should be making an appearance later in the year.
View attachment 1606176

A fun leather for a pre-order coming soon - Sky Blue reverse kudu

View attachment 1606177
Wow that Burgundy Kudu is pretty. Is that the GS commando sole I see on it? Been hoping That sole gets used on some other offerings. What’s the timeline on the Color 8 CXL offerings in comparison to these?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads