• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EZBZ

Reaction score
I'm trying to build a diverse boot collection which covers all of the basic styles and colors, with a variety of brands. I ordered a cap toe boot from a well known brand but encountered some truly shocking quality mishaps. I decided to see what Grant Stone had going on in this style as I was very satisfied with every aspect of the Brass Boots I had ordered previously other than the blown out shoebox. I ended up ordering a pair of British Tan Cap Toes, this time in E width, as the D in the Brass was a bit narrow for me. As soon as I pulled them out of the box, I knew I had something special on my hands. Zero quality issues, amazing leather, delightful heft. If I were to change anything, it would be to make the hardware and laces a bit bigger, but the description on the website says that it has smaller hardware for a more formal look, so I was not surprised and it is an acceptable trade off.

Grant Stone fulfilled my order and provided tracking within a couple hours of my pulling the trigger on the website. Refreshingly, they use UPS, so there is no delivery weirdness. The presentation was once again top notch. Better than boots that are much more expensive.

So now my Grant Stone collection has doubled in size, as has my customer satisfaction.
20210426_114802.jpg

20210426_114859.jpg

20210429_173306.jpg

20210429_190919.jpg

20210430_143411.jpg

Last edited:

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
...The only issue was yet another blown out shoebox, which is a major bummer for me as I like to store my boots in their original box when not in use. I'd suggest they use a bigger shipping box some cushioning material...

Glad you had such a great 2nd experience but why not contact @GrantStone directly rather than admonish them publicly, again, for such a trivial issue as a broken box? I am sure they would appreciate the feedback and send you another box at no cost. I can only hope that if they fix the issue that was not their fault, you will once again post positive feedback. Or, send me your address and I'll send you a roll of packing tape. :)

I also use my boxes to store my shoes but I would not publicly complain about it knowing that some things are out of their control (i.e. how UPS, USPS, and FedEx treat packages) and they already have one of the sturdiest boxes in the industry.

EZBZ

Reaction score
Glad you had such a great 2nd experience but why not contact @GrantStone directly rather than admonish them publicly, again, for such a trivial issue as a broken box? I am sure they would appreciate the feedback and send you another box at no cost. I can only hope that if they fix the issue that was not their fault, you will once again post positive feedback. Or, send me your address and I'll send you a roll of packing tape. :)

Thanks for your feedback on my experience. I don't see it as an admonishment, it is an accounting of my experience. I was very happy overall. I didn't realize that I'm only supposed to report 100% positive things on this board. I'm not really inclined to ask for an empty box. Seems a bit much. Anyway, in the interest of harmony, I'll edit out the offending sentence.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
...I didn't realize that I'm only supposed to report 100% positive things on this board...

That is exactly why I was literally banned and had many posts deleted from the Meermin thread so please take my initial comment as a helpful suggestion to avoid breaking any unwritten SF rules (rather than as criticism).

adrs1157

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback on my experience. I don't see it as an admonishment, it is an accounting of my experience. I was very happy overall. I didn't realize that I'm only supposed to report 100% positive things on this board. I'm not really inclined to ask for an empty box. Seems a bit much. Anyway, in the interest of harmony, I'll edit out the offending sentence.
It didn't read negatively at all. Post about all of your experiences. It'll help the GS crew and potential customers alike.

EZBZ

Reaction score
That is exactly why I was literally banned and had many posts deleted from the Meermin thread so please take my initial comment as a helpful suggestion to avoid breaking any unwritten SF rules (rather than as criticism).

Geez, that's extreme. Well, if I get banned for reporting that both of my GS shoeboxes got damaged in transit and suggesting that they use padding between the shipping carton and the shoebox, then they'd be doing me a favor.

Again, I'm very happy with the boots. So happy that I'm going to punish my feet this morning by going on a four mile walk in them so I can get them broken in quicker.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they fit well you should have no issues, I wore my GS captoe boots for 8+ hours out the box

EZBZ

Reaction score
If they fit well you should have no issues, I wore my GS captoe boots for 8+ hours out the box

They pinch a little on the top of my right foot at the flex point. I'm really hoping that it will stop once the leather softens up.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve always worn my new Grant Stones for 10+ hour full work days. Usually the first 3 days in a row. Obviously everyone has their own unique experiences with break in, but I think using the appropriate socks makes all the difference.

AUPolo11

Reaction score
Geez, that's extreme. Well, if I get banned for reporting that both of my GS shoeboxes got damaged in transit and suggesting that they use padding between the shipping carton and the shoebox, then they'd be doing me a favor.

Again, I'm very happy with the boots. So happy that I'm going to punish my feet this morning by going on a four mile walk in them so I can get them broken in quicker.
I don’t think anyone is getting banned for that…. At least not in here. I know @GrantStone aka Wyatt has talked about (either in this forum or another or YouTube, but somewhere) what all they’ve done to improve the boxes and stop the damage. Long story short I suspect they are trying to fight physics with the weight of the shoes moving around inside the boxes as they ship, and let’s face it UPS or any package carrier for that matter isn’t exactly dainty with the goods. That said as a customer if the experience isn’t quite what you were hoping for it’s fair to tell them about it. I’m sure they will continue to work on it, they seem to understand and focus on total quality including the experience.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They already changed the boxes on new models. Maybe some of the older ones are still shipping with the older boxes, but the new models have new boxes. And these new boxes are top notch ?

Also, y'all wildin if you're complaining about the boxes. First of all who cares. Second of all, Alden ships their $900 retail shell boots in regular shoe boxes that are made out of papier-mâché and we gladly end up paying over retail for the footwear.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, y'all wildin if you're complaining about the boxes. First of all who cares.
+10.
It’s just a box. As long as my shoes are undamaged, the box could be in shreds. It did it’s job. Lbvs!

EZBZ

Reaction score
let’s face it UPS or any package carrier for that matter isn’t exactly dainty with the goods.

My first job in logistics was with a popular courier service which shall go unnamed. On my first day, I asked what the protocol was when a carton was marked fragile. My trainer laughed and said, "that means we don't kick it as hard."

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads