• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ZouBirds26

Reaction score
I too would like to know as those are on my list, once things return to a point that I’m wearing oxfords and a suit.
I ended up ordering the Fairfield oxfords. The color is a nice, rich, dark brown. I think chocolate is accurate description of the color. Second photo I tried to get more natural light on it.
1618614530693.png

1618614826660.png

Sorry I don't take the best photos

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some weeks ago I saw a post comparing the old and new Ottawa in Antique Cognac, so I decided to add some patina to my new Ottawas.

I used brown Kiwi polish which I use for staining my shoes when they show nicks or blems. Is important to use very little product.

Let's see how the color sits the next weeks, I am sure that some color with vanish in the vamp or in the heels but with a little patience and some brushing the color will get even.

IMG_4532.JPG
IMG_4536.JPG
IMG_4540.JPG
IMG_4541.JPG
IMG_4542.JPG

cpr81

Reaction score
Some weeks ago I saw a post comparing the old and new Ottawa in Antique Cognac, so I decided to add some patina to my new Ottawas.

I used brown Kiwi polish which I use for staining my shoes when they show nicks or blems. Is important to use very little product.

Let's see how the color sits the next weeks, I am sure that some color with vanish in the vamp or in the heels but with a little patience and some brushing the color will get even.

View attachment 1595960 View attachment 1595961 View attachment 1595962 View attachment 1595963 View attachment 1595964
Those look like they turned out pretty good. I’m interested in how they’ll age.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1595960 View attachment 1595961 View attachment 1595962 View attachment 1595963 View attachment 1595964
Nice work! I have both and need to touch up the darker pair. You've shown me the way!

20201106_153501.jpg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out for an early-AM walk before taking the dog to the vet. Have really liked the Chelsea boots a lot!
02EPJa7.jpg

Those look great! If you use some black, it will add additional depth. (I know that sounds crazy, but it works)

Kkstpattisday

Reaction score
Waiting for those chukkas...will we see them in May? Any more pics of what’s to come? I am a little too obsessed with checking the website everyday. Got my credit card ready.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Waiting for those chukkas...will we see them in May? Any more pics of what’s to come? I am a little too obsessed with checking the website everyday. Got my credit card ready.
It will be closer to the end of may, early June. Here is a photo of the crimson version.
IMG_0396.jpeg

@GrantStone is the saddle tan blucher on leather gone for good?

We have taken a break from ordering it to bring in some new styles. I think it could find its way back in the collection.

Honey Edwards today.
IMG_0400.JPG

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any recommendations on where I can find a nice dark brown(chocolate) dress belt?

We currently don't have one but recommend the shoe mart's collection. Have many of them and they are made well. The dark brown has some variance but the one I have is close enough to wear with the chocolate calf.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads