• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Navy CXL PTBs look either navy, teal, greenish blue, or something else depending on the light.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dune LWBs today, with the watch strap also in Horween Natural CXL. Also wearing the Natural CXL belt from Ashland Leather (sorry, no pic there!)
20210225_105549.jpg
20210225_105851.jpg

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Time to get my wallet ready !

Any new patterns offered time around? Cap-toe, Ottawa or Diesel ?

Just the Edward, Traveler, Brass and PTB still, sorry.

Does anyone know much of a difference is there between the D and E widths?
For the sake of having a complete comparison, how much longer/fuller would the 9E be when compared to the 9D?

E is just a little longer, roughly 1.5mm but a half a size fuller at the ball which is about 5mm.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The ostrich diesel boot pre-order is live! This includes D, E and EEE widths.

lifestylesmall.png

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite part of the ice and snow melting isn’t the warmer temps, it’s being able to rotate through more of my boots.

waxed tobacco edwards
61A6CBD6-4E80-4D20-8E58-9FD5A5233A8D.jpeg

I believe these were the standard “not sure what the issue is”B-grades based on the 9E sizing. When I compare these to my 9D boots I have a noticeable, but acceptable heel slip. The wider forefoot is nice, but it makes the length feel too much. Maybe I should try an 8.5E?

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My favorite part of the ice and snow melting isn’t the warmer temps, it’s being able to rotate through more of my boots.

waxed tobacco edwards
View attachment 1562367

I believe these were the standard “not sure what the issue is”B-grades based on the 9E sizing. When I compare these to my 9D boots I have a noticeable, but acceptable heel slip. The wider forefoot is nice, but it makes the length feel too much. Maybe I should try an 8.5E?

From your comments and photo, I feel like you should try to wear this a bit more to see if the heel slip improves. It looks like a really good fit at the ball and instep and I wouldn't want to suggest going down half a size.

snowbird25

Reaction score
From your comments and photo, I feel like you should try to wear this a bit more to see if the heel slip improves. It looks like a really good fit at the ball and instep and I wouldn't want to suggest going down half a size.
Hey Wyatt, curious to hear your thoughts: will the earth waxy commander look as distressed as this leather after lots of wear? Or will the underlying color lead to a more consistent patina throughout?

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Wyatt, curious to hear your thoughts: will the earth waxy commander look as distressed as this leather after lots of wear? Or will the underlying color lead to a more consistent patina throughout?

That's exactly right. The earth has a darker base (almost a soil color) creating less variation or pull-up effect. The waxed tobacco has a lighter brown base to create noticeable highs and lows.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time I think I'm out of this game, you pull me right back in!

I just ordered my Ostrich Diesels. I pretty much had to do so since I've already bought an Ostrich belt in anticipation.

Bring it on, Mr. G. Stone!

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Every time I think I'm out of this game, you pull me right back in!

I just ordered my Ostrich Diesels. I pretty much had to do so since I've already bought an Ostrich belt in anticipation.

Bring it on, Mr. G. Stone!

I don't necessarily want to bring another brand into this thread but since Grant Stone does not offer an ostrich belt, is this one from AE the one you got and would this make a good pairing with the new ostrich boots?

Grant Stone color is "cognac" and AE is "Espresso" so maybe not the best color match.

1614268284573.png
1614268305044.png

postjack

Reaction score
9ReXDTq.jpg

pma2iiu.jpg

pics of the maduro traveller received yesterday. gorgeous shoe, very happy with the purchase. might pickup a brass boot or edward boot in the next presale, just really love this shade of brown.

fit wise i went with my normal 10.5E. I wear 10.5E in the Oliver, Leo, and Alexander lasts. Across all lasts the fit is every-so-slightly tighter on the instep then I'd like, but better than the looseness that moving to a 11E brings (at least that was the case with the Leo lasted longwing i tried in that size, which were kind of hard to walk in). While it may be just in my head, I feel like the maduro traveller is ever so slightly more forgiving in the instep and width, just a touch more room compared to my bourbon suede travellers. I'm happy with this.

mike2

Reaction score
I don't necessarily want to bring another brand into this thread but since Grant Stone does not offer an ostrich belt, is this one from AE the one you got and would this make a good pairing with the new ostrich boots?

Grant Stone color is "cognac" and AE is "Espresso" so maybe not the best color match.

I have that AE belt and the color in person is much darker than online. In tone it is similar to GS's coffee suede or possibly the 'maduro'.

DooDahMan

Reaction score

Nothing planned so far. The oxford line-up is important to us but it has been a slow starter. Working from home probably hasn't helped much either. I'm hoping it can grow the selection over time, it just might move slower than the casual patterns.

Thank you :cheers:

Mayyyybe at the end of '21 but this is not confirmed just yet.

The only Chelsea underway right now is dune CXL and a tan suede. These should be available early summer. The tan suede will be ready first.
[/QUOTE]

Please Please please launch EEE Chelseas.

The quality on your Chelsea boots is far higher than anything else and a comprable price range oh, but that doesn't help since they do not fit on my feet.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hey @GrantStone

You offer Longwing - Coffee Suede, Tassel Loafer - Coffee Suede, and Traveler Penny - Espresso Suede so I was wondering if we might see a Fairfield in a dark brown suede anytime soon (even though you have suggested the dressier Fairfield is not selling as well as other styles in the middle of a pandemic)?

I think a dark suede oxford is a fantastic shoe to wear with smart casual outfits (as well as jeans and chinos).

1614348595603.png
1614348621761.png
1614348663080.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads