• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saleemmd

Reaction score
Thank you @GrantStone for the amazing boots.The more i wear these the more i fall in love with these. You guys Rock!!

one important thing which i havent seen ppl write about is the ease of removing these shoes specially after a long day at work, with My Higgins mill boot i need to sit and carely loosen the lace before removing it but with diesel boot all i do it untie the laces are they already loose enough to remove my shoe.

Attachments

• BE566E93-E2F6-4BFF-9C77-0DDCFB4DE175.jpeg
    BE566E93-E2F6-4BFF-9C77-0DDCFB4DE175.jpeg
    442.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 8D04BD29-9A79-4E27-96EF-814732E27201.jpeg
    8D04BD29-9A79-4E27-96EF-814732E27201.jpeg
    497.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 5A9473D5-1A87-41FD-A013-2F72C77DD2D2.jpeg
    5A9473D5-1A87-41FD-A013-2F72C77DD2D2.jpeg
    384.6 KB · Views: 72

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you @GrantStone for the amazing boots.The more i wear these the more i fall in love with these. You guys Rock!!

one important thing which i havent seen ppl write about is the ease of removing these shoes specially after a long day at work, with My Higgins mill boot i need to sit and carely loosen the lace before removing it but with diesel boot all i do it untie the laces are they already loose enough to remove my shoe.
Diesel boots are an awesome boot, especially on the leather sole :)

ronscuba

Reaction score
Nice to hear you are conscious about this kind of thing. But to be honest, I linked the article for discussion, not necessarily because it is an important issue to me.

It can be difficult deciding where to spend $ and the value of certain added costs is hard to measure. The box experience, green initiatives, presentation, marketing, etc.. Impossible to make everyone

For me, I am satisfied with GS box, packaging, bags, cloth, laces. I do not need the shoe horn. Break in was stiffer and cushioning/shock absorption was less than expected. I added a cushion insole for an easy solution. Overall I am very happy with the product and value.

How do the leather soles feel vs the micro stud rubber sole ?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do the leather soles feel vs the micro stud rubber sole ?
I find them much more comfortable, but I don't like the feel of Dainite, or Dainite clone soles. Until broken in, the leather (being of such high quality) are like walking on 2X4's they are so stiff. Once broken in - like walking on clouds.

Saleemmd

Reaction score
I love the look with leather soles but unfortunately when i wanted these they didnt have the one with leather sole. I have recently ordered a black diesel with leather sole i can comment on which ones comfortable once i wear them.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Enjoy! The larger (fewer) eyelets play a role in letting the lace loosen naturally which is nice when removing the boot but some people prefer the opposite as it can help keep the laces locked in position from top to bottom. The larger eyelets are convenient and quick, that is for sure. Even the Edward boot laces a little differently due to this.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I didn't even know the thread existed (should've searched).
:)

Me neither. It's because these sales threads are listed under infinite variations of B-S-T, B/S/T, BST, Buy, Sell...etc., so I never got the search terms correct to find it. Shout out to those who provided the link!

Mr_natural78

Reaction score
It can be your tablet case! (if you use one) We were in a new mall in Ginza and there was a pop up shop sitting on the corner. I had never seen so many great accessories in a range of veg tan leathers. They had quite a few display items sitting up front which had been handled before with crazy patina. None of us had heard of the brand before, dan genten.
I hand make card cases, portfolios, appointment book covers, wallets, watch straps, belts, and just about anything else upon request right here in St Joseph, Michigan. Mostly hand dyed herman oak veg tan, but badalassi and other veg tan leathers upon request.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Me neither. It's because these sales threads are listed under infinite variations of B-S-T, B/S/T, BST, Buy, Sell...etc., so I never got the search terms correct to find it. Shout out to those who provided the link!
I created the B/S/T thread in Nov of 2019, I have been remiss in not mentioning it a few times a year.

Saleemmd

Reaction score
Enjoy! The larger (fewer) eyelets play a role in letting the lace loosen naturally which is nice when removing the boot but some people prefer the opposite as it can help keep the laces locked in position from top to bottom. The larger eyelets are convenient and quick, that is for sure. Even the Edward boot laces a little differently due to this.
Thats good info. I have never thought about eyelets sizing contributing to lace loosening.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics