• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any chance of getting the Maduro sell derby on a rubber sole ?

Unfortunately not this time around as there will already be 4 styles on this pre order. The shells are limited so this one may go quickly, ending in 2-3 days.

@GrantStone Any word on what styles are coming out in EEE in the near future? Any chance on the dune Ottawa’s?

There will be some earth diesel boots this spring followed by the waxed tobacco edward. After this, we are planning on the brass boot in EEE and possibly the chukka. No plans for the dune ottawa just yet.

cpr81

Reaction score
I picked up some Pebble Grain Ottawas, delivered yesterday. I was a little unsure on the split toe but wow these are awesome. Very comfortable right off the bat and excellent fit & finish. I really like the pebble grain leather. Some quick pics:

0991BF25-B28C-4B19-BFE7-D30826713A4B.jpeg

2C7FAE68-F1F4-4555-B64C-1B2AEA2BE3F8.jpeg

1FC6D251-56C6-4549-AF88-FEB138844106.jpeg

Invisible welt joint:
976F1007-D6FB-447C-8C81-9045CFCD2A10.jpeg

ED103DCA-A933-46BA-B991-54346AC639B3.jpeg

Ben B

Reaction score
I picked up some Pebble Grain Ottawas, delivered yesterday. I was a little unsure on the split toe but wow these are awesome. Very comfortable right off the bat and excellent fit & finish.
I’m wearing mine today as well. This specific Ottawa is a great first one if you are unsure since the stitching isn’t as contrasting and the welt is dark. Doesn’t scream split toe.

cpr81

Reaction score
I’m wearing mine today as well. This specific Ottawa is a great first one if you are unsure since the stitching isn’t as contrasting and the welt is dark. Doesn’t scream split toe.
Yep, that is also what drew me to it.

masticore99

Reaction score
Unfortunately not this time around as there will already be 4 styles on this pre order. The shells are limited so this one may go quickly, ending in 2-3 days.

There will be some earth diesel boots this spring followed by the waxed tobacco edward. After this, we are planning on the brass boot in EEE and possibly the chukka. No plans for the dune ottawa just yet.

Pleeaaase have a chukka in EEE. My most complimented pair of shoes is a pair of chukkas and I can’t wait for the Grant Stone version!

Saleemmd

Reaction score
@GrantStone when will size 9.5 E will be available in black diesel and dune penny loafers ??
Also i dont see the B grade page on the website?
Thank you.

rdugz

Reaction score
@GrantStone I love the look of the Earth Chelsea boot, but it has been out of stock in 9.5 forever. Any chance there will be a restock?

ejj

Reaction score
Have there been any published photos of the chukkas? What leathers/soles will be offered?

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am just going to leave this here.... @GrantStone quality and finishing is some of the best I have ever seen.

During the past 18 months, I purchased 30+ pairs from Allen Edmonds (all but 1 returned), 2 from Alden (both kept although one has some minor cosmetic issues), 1 from Carmina (no issues), and 4 Grant Stone (no issues).

I am not sure if GS manufacturing tolerances are stricter than the other brands or if their QC is held to a higher standard but what actually shows up at your door is just so darn good.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am just going to leave this here.... @GrantStone quality and finishing is some of the best I have ever seen.

During the past 18 months, I purchased 30+ pairs from Allen Edmonds (all but 1 returned), 2 from Alden (both kept although one has some minor cosmetic issues), 1 from Carmina (no issues), and 4 Grant Stone (no issues).

I am not sure if GS manufacturing tolerances are stricter than the other brands or if their QC is held to a higher standard but what actually shows up at your door is just so darn good.
Grant Stone's qc from my sample size appears to be lightyears ahead of AE and a bit above Alden. No personal experience with Carmina. What one does get with Alden, if it matters to them, is made in USA, a whole lot of history, and a ridiculous amount of different makeup options. Seems like there are new Alden pre-orders from different shops daily.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Grant Stone's qc from my sample size appears to be lightyears ahead of AE and a bit above Alden. No personal experience with Carmina. What one does get with Alden, if it matters to them, is made in USA, a whole lot of history, and a ridiculous amount of different makeup options. Seems like there are new Alden pre-orders from different shops daily.

I still do not understand why AE can't get their $hit together. It appears they are on the path of Florsheim, J&M, Cole Hann, and similar brands who outsourced to china because it was cheap and they (the corporate overlords) were chasing profits. Honestly, do you really think Caleres cares about AE customers?

Made in China use to be garbage but it is amazing what Wyatt (and crew/family) have done over the years. This was not supposed to be about bashing AE, I only used them for context to show how good Grant Stone is now.

As to Alden, it will be interesting to see if they turn into a special make-up-only brand rather than have stock shoes. Why else pay the premium unless you are getting something special/limited?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads