• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the rubber heel over the combination heel, but they look nice otherwise. I'd probably at least consider using black edge dressing on the leather portion of the combination heel.

Taprisharika

Reaction score
Not sure about the rubber heel over the combination heel, but they look nice otherwise. I'd probably at least consider using black edge dressing on the leather portion of the combination heel.
Yeah I can see what you're saying. Personally I love the color contrast between the natural leather and the black rubber. I've always liked the look of the viberg service boot half-sole or the whites mp service boot with a half-sole. To me the vibram sole makes it look like more of a service boot.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I can see what you're saying. Personally I love the color contrast between the natural leather and the black rubber. I've always liked the look of the viberg service boot half-sole or the whites mp service boot with a half-sole. To me the vibram sole makes it look like more of a service boot.
I do too. I am simply referring to this one small portion on each heel

Untitled.png

Last edited:

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
If y'all would indulge in some OT-but-wearing-my-Ottawas pix:
These (pretty touristy) shots are all in service of saying go visit Arches / Moab. These don't even begin to do it justice.

My wife and I did a 2-week National Park tour of Utah last January. Truly epic and tons of snow. Glad I had Ugg Buttes!

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If y'all would indulge in some OT-but-wearing-my-Ottawas pix:
sw0l56H.jpg

MfWR5gF.jpg

Zjhu2Ln.jpg

P2sTb76.jpg

W7zzHew.jpg

PAIqVAs.jpg

These (pretty touristy) shots are all in service of saying go visit Arches / Moab. These don't even begin to do it justice.

Great pics. It is so beautiful. I did a 10 day mountain bike trip in Moab about 20 years ago and as a "city kid" was amazed at the beauty. I drove down from Salt Lake and kept stopping to enjoy the scenery.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience! It's reassuring hearing others go through the same thing. Makes me feel fewer pangs of regret as I break these in! Cheers.

This might sound weird but can help:

My feet "grows" half a size when I eat to much salt or when I run a lot (like a half marathon). I was aware that running stretches my feet but I recently notice my reaction to salt (which I undrestand is quite common). That explains why some some of my shoes feel too tigh (specially in the instep) and some days they fit perfectly even with the same sock.

So I don´t use new shoes the days I run and I am starting to reduce the salt intake. The new issue is that I am staring to feel some shoes too big and I feel afraid of having to buy shoes in 3 sizes.

Cheers

H2O

Reaction score
This might sound weird but can help:

My feet "grows" half a size when I eat to much salt or when I run a lot (like a half marathon). I was aware that running stretches my feet but I recently notice my reaction to salt (which I undrestand is quite common). That explains why some some of my shoes feel too tigh (specially in the instep) and some days they fit perfectly even with the same sock.

So I don´t use new shoes the days I run and I am starting to reduce the salt intake. The new issue is that I am staring to feel some shoes too big and I feel afraid of having to buy shoes in 3 sizes.

Cheers

Definitely an unusual explanation, but you know your body better than anyone else! I definitely notice my water retention or "puffiness" when consuming too much beer or salt but have never noticed a difference from it in my foot size.

I often wear size 11s to accommodate for my wider foot, even though I'm more accurately between a 10-10.5E.

Every last is different, so it's difficult to determine what is going to work for a particular foot unless you have the ability to test it out in person.

The GS Travelers FINALLY seem to be breaking in, albeit SLOWLY. I threw some Red Wing All Natural Leather Conditioner on them earlier today and let them soak. It's definitely softened the leather; between the tennis ball strategy and wearing them around the house, the strap is finally loosening up a bit.

The purists might think I'm crazy for using that particular conditioner on black calf, but with a little spritz of water, some elbow grease, and a horsehair brush, you can usually bring a nice glossy sheen back to the shoes.

Can't wait til I can comfortably wear these out and about!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

Looking to sell my 10.5D midnight suede Ottawa boot. Worn only a handful of times and the soles are basically brand new.

I haven't worn these as much as they deserve for a gorgeous boot, so I hope to find them a new home. Will ship with bags and the flannel bonus cloth plus three sets of laces (blue, Guarded Goods in the boots, and leather).

Please PM for further discussion.

PXL_20210120_013422251.jpg

PXL_20210120_013427983.jpg
PXL_20210120_013438477.jpg
PXL_20210120_013509675.jpg
PXL_20210120_013531106.jpg
PXL_20210120_013552339.jpg

postjack

Reaction score
Got an email today that maduro loafers should start shipping in mid February! I'm looking forward to it. Will be my first shell shoes.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dune LWB
20210121_191143.jpg

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got an email today that maduro loafers should start shipping in mid February! I'm looking forward to it. Will be my first shell shoes.

Yes! We will also be holding another Maduro shell pre order in a couple weeks as well. Wearing the Maduro penny today.

2021-01-20 17.16.30.jpg

@GrantStone I think I saw somewhere on this forum that you guys were going to do Navy CXL shoes, if so, when and would that include the Brass Boots.

We currently only have the diesel boot in line for navy cxl. This boot will be coming out next month as well.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes! We will also be holding another Maduro shell pre order in a couple weeks as well. Wearing the Maduro penny today.

View attachment 1539971

We currently only have the diesel boot in line for navy cxl. This boot will be coming out next month as well.
Any chance of getting the Maduro sell derby on a rubber sole ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads