• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Wingtip Wednesday, fellow GS fans:

20210113_GS-LWBs.jpg

janoy89

Reaction score
Loving those suede pairs!

I (selfishly) hope we see more models released with a flat welt. Aesthetically the storm welt is nice but they look clownish on my already large feet ?

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im hesitating....

does this brand hAve a bit of BULBOUS CLOWN TOE LOOK?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im hesitating....

does this brand hAve a bit of BULBOUS CLOWN TOE LOOK?
If you are talking about the Red Wing Iron Ranger look almost, then no, they don't. They have a more casual looking round last, but not much height to the toe box to give off this look. Even the new Brass Boots I don't find look like the typical 'clown shoe' toe box. Try a pair, won't regret it. Can always return them if you don't like them

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not super sleek chiseled pointy toes, but they definitely don't look like Iron Rangers either. Kind of the perfect middle ground in my opinion.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@GrantStone (or anyone else that knows) - Question about pre-orders. If someone misses out on an initial pre-order, are there a small number pairs made available on the website once they arrive?

For example, I see some sizes available for some of the previous limited releases such as the Honey Glazed Ottawa and Loren Diesels.

If there is some balance material, we will make up pairs in core sizes. This doesn't happen every time, just depends on how the pre-order sells and whether we are on a tighter timeline. Is there a certain item you are looking for? The loden suede for example will be stocked this summer.

Awesome. Really loving the Brass Boots, but I think 8.5EEE would fit best still. 9.5E is good but not great.

The only thing I’m not a huge fan of is the unlined tongue. Is there a particular reason for this? It made break in a bit easier, but I don’t notice much difference while wearing. Mostly just not a huge fan of it aesthetically. But that’s really just splitting hairs.

We just wanted to go in this direction for the brass boot. These leathers are so thick that it doesn't really need to be lined and for some customers, breaking in the boots can be tough or just a little uncomfortable, particularly on the ankle/shin.

Thanks - I do own a pair in Bourbon but was wondering about the darker shades of suede.

The coffee has a warm base where the espresso is very dark with almost a grey hue. Here are some more photos! It's already dark outside so these were taken inside the warehouse (the lighting isn't very flattering).

a.jpg
r.jpg

cpr81

Reaction score
If there is some balance material, we will make up pairs in core sizes. This doesn't happen every time, just depends on how the pre-order sells and whether we are on a tighter timeline. Is there a certain item you are looking for? The loden suede for example will be stocked this summer.
Thanks for the info. I was eyeballing the Tan Suede Diesels.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I was eyeballing the Tan Suede Diesels.

Ah, okay. It may not be what you are looking for (not crepe sole) but we will have a new tan suede diesel coming out next month on the Vibram wedge sole.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We just wanted to go in this direction for the brass boot. These leathers are so thick that it doesn't really need to be lined and for some customers, breaking in the boots can be tough or just a little uncomfortable, particularly on the ankle/shin.

The coffee has a warm base where the espresso is very dark with almost a grey hue. Here are some more photos! It's already dark outside so these were taken inside the warehouse (the lighting isn't very flattering).

View attachment 1535195 View attachment 1535196

Thanks for the pics!
Espresso's interesting - haven't run into that color very often

cpr81

Reaction score
Ah, okay. It may not be what you are looking for (not crepe sole) but we will have a new tan suede diesel coming out next month on the Vibram wedge sole.
Thanks Wyatt. I was most interested in the one with the micro stud sole but will keep an eye out for the new release.

ejj

Reaction score
Just putting my vote for more tan suede as well! But in something aside from a wedge please. I missed the Tan suede this fall...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads