• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the Leo E fits you really well, the EE would be a better option in the UK last. The Chelea (UK last) is slightly narrower in the ball area.
Thanks for letting me know. Only concern now is the same as loafers due to no laces, going EE may not fit me well in instep or heel. Will have to wait until the EE comes out to try it, or wait for some reviews. Appreciate the help, was tempted to go 10D in the sale, but didn't want to risk it.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing in the works other than the maduro shell pre order coming up. Any other horse we plan to make will most likely be Horween however.
Thanks for letting us know, all noted.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forest kudu Wednesday.

53035881-82F9-4398-821F-7E014CA3F120.jpeg BF8A7D57-F268-4678-8376-137B31E54F0D.jpeg

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wearing the new Brass boot today that will be coming out later this month. We are really liking the fit of this new last with higher walls around the toe and a slightly fuller ball area. This pair has a wedge sole but the other two models will have a new lug sole that will be great for winters or just the general outdoors.

IMG_3518.jpg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the new Brass boot today that will be coming out later this month. We are really liking the fit of this new last with higher walls around the toe and a slightly fuller ball area. This pair has a wedge sole but the other two models will have a new lug sole that will be great for winters or just the general outdoors.

View attachment 1508703
Looks like a perfect work boot, price range?

Samir

Reaction score
It has not! The only other contrast upper/welt shoe with eyelets was navy CXL.
Any chance of either a brown version being offered in the future or the contrast upper/welt being offered a tweak to any upcoming pre-orders? I am close to pulling the trigger on the black calf version but would get a lot more use out of a dark brown, so willing to hold off if even the slightest chance. Thanks for the quick response!

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Any chance of either a brown version being offered in the future or the contrast upper/welt being offered a tweak to any upcoming pre-orders? I am close to pulling the trigger on the black calf version but would get a lot more use out of a dark brown, so willing to hold off if even the slightest chance. Thanks for the quick response!

You could purchase this current @GrantStone shoe:

And then contact Steve from Bedo's Leatherworks to add the eyelets for you (That's what I would do):

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like a perfect work boot, price range?

It will be right around the same price as the Ottawa and Diesel styles.

We aren't quite there yet but getting closer to fine-tuning our pre-orders. Truth be told, it's a little daunting to make small adjustments on a single pair only to find out we mixed up the details and for the customer to be out of luck 4 months later. Mistakes can be limited it's just the long timeline that makes it a bit scary.

cpr81

Reaction score
I ordered some Dune Diesels and the British Tan Cap Toe Boots as part of the Black Friday sale. These are my first Grant Stones. I’ve mostly been a Red Wing guy in the past. Really like them so far. Below are some pics and thoughts.

Both pair in shipping box. Like Christmas morning.
CCDcYTt.jpg

Dune Diesels fresh out of the box.
szZXqn0.jpg

First time on foot, sizing felt good.
s9YJ0DC.jpg

After walking around in the house for a bit. More noticeable creasing on the left boot so far. My left foot is larger so that at may play a role.
aFm4HUX.jpg

Cap Toes fresh out of the box
nvDGJz8.jpg

On foot. Absolutely love this color. Laces are quite long for my tastes so I will need to shorten or replace soon.
izyghNZ.jpg

Overall I’m pretty impressed. Both pairs are extremely comfortable already. They’re the most comfortable boots I’ve had right out of the box.

The Dune Diesels are actually my first CXL boot so I’m looking forward to how they’ll age. This is also the first time I’ve tried leather laces and like them so far.

I’m a sucker for tan boots so I really love the British Tan cap toes. I’m pretty sure I’m going to grab a pair of the Saddle Tan Diesels too at some point.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered some Dune Diesels and the British Tan Cap Toe Boots as part of the Black Friday sale. These are my first Grant Stones. I’ve mostly been a Red Wing guy in the past. Really like them so far. Below are some pics and thoughts.

CCDcYTt.jpg

szZXqn0.jpg

s9YJ0DC.jpg

After walking around in the house for a bit. More noticeable creasing on the left boot so far. My left foot is larger so that at may play a role.
aFm4HUX.jpg

nvDGJz8.jpg

On foot. Absolutely love this color. Laces are quite long for my tastes so I will need to shorten or replace soon.
izyghNZ.jpg

Overall I’m pretty impressed. Both pairs are extremely comfortable already. They’re the most comfortable boots I’ve had right out of the box.

The Dune Diesels are actually my first CXL boot so I’m looking forward to how they’ll age. This is also the first time I’ve tried leather laces and like them so far.

I’m a sucker for tan boots so I really love the British Tan cap toes. I’m pretty sure I’m going to grab a pair of the Saddle Tan Diesels too at some point.
If laces are too long, wrap around the shaft once then tie, should take up the extra length

BrandonF

Reaction score

CCDcYTt.jpg

szZXqn0.jpg

s9YJ0DC.jpg

aFm4HUX.jpg

nvDGJz8.jpg

izyghNZ.jpg

For laces length it helps if you wrap it around the ankle. But I agree they’re too long for my taste, as I prefer using the speed hooks. I’ve had good success with Guarded Goods wide cotton laces. The whiskey color matches the natural welt on the Dunes very close.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

CCDcYTt.jpg

szZXqn0.jpg

s9YJ0DC.jpg

aFm4HUX.jpg

nvDGJz8.jpg

izyghNZ.jpg

Enjoy! Thanks for sharing.

@GrantStone i noticed that the B-Grade footwear page is no longer available on your website ... any particular reason for this ?

Well...somehow, it looks like I deleted the products in our database this morning...

We should have this up again by the weekend.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For laces length it helps if you wrap it around the ankle. But I agree they’re too long for my taste, as I prefer using the speed hooks. I’ve had good success with Guarded Goods wide cotton laces. The whiskey color matches the natural welt on the Dunes very close.
I like Guarded Goods, Alden, and Viberg flat waxed laces. The Guarded Goods ones are a bit different from the Alden and Viberg laces which look and feel a little more sleek. As far as I can tell the Alden and Viberg laces are basically exactly the same besides the color. Perhaps they source their laces from the same place.

@cpr81 Guarded Goods whiskey waxed cotton laces and tan leather laces are both great complements to a natural welt, saddle tan, and bourbon suede in my opinion!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads