• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
"Grant Stone offers free returns within 15 days of purchase."

Companies vary on how they define these types of policies even if they are worded the same way. Does that mean the return must be shipped or delivered before the 15 day window expires?

This was never meant to be a treatise on the @GrantStone return policy but rather venting frustration about UPS and my current lack of patience.

In our experience, the short return window is ideal for accounting and inventory management just so we don't always have returns coming back the following month or even 2 months later. This still happens, it just helps limit it.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
In our experience, the short return window is ideal for accounting and inventory management just so we don't always have returns coming back the following month or even 2 months later. This still happens, it just helps limit it.

And I am sure it helps with people's decision paralysis, as-in, they must make a decision in a limited timespan. Even as a consumer, I am not sure long window return policies are good for anyone. It costs businesses money which ultimately works its way into the cost of the goods that person was trying to purchase in the first place (and I am not sure the average consumer makes that connection or cares which is too bad).

Last edited:

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there was a mixup because this pre order was a 12 week lead time (I believe). Some customers did order (extra inventory) after they were being made though so we may have quoted a different time.

These should be shipping in roughly 2-3 weeks. We will send an email with the tracking number once they are going out!
Maybe i had it mixed up in my head. For some reason i thought it was 6 weeks. The wait doesn’t bother me at all. Ive waited 14 months on a 12 week quote once. This is actually quite fast, just wanted to make sure i hadn’t missed them. Thanks for the reply!! Really excited for these.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Why is UPS holding my @GrantStone shoes hostage with no updates in 3 days? The way this shipment is not moving and with the holiday coming up, they may not be delivered until after the return window has expired. This being my first order, I may need a size exchange. And yes, I fully acknowledge this is a first world problem.

View attachment 1504011

This would not be unusual for me, if it was normal UPS ground - but I am in the San Francisco Bay area. Then suddenly the tracking will update to a nearby location.

Last edited:

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bourbon suede Ottawa today.

3AA64B5F-EF1F-41B7-AAC9-F4B0A5CC88ED.jpeg B1D3147E-066C-4C3B-9809-503B9C856A62.jpeg

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This would not be unusual for me, if it was normal UPS ground - but I am in the San Francisco Bay area. Then suddenly the tracking will update to a nearby location.

I realized it may have more to do with UPS updating its website interface. They do not offer as much "travel detail" as they did in the past. I am tracking a few packages and it appears they often only list one "stop point" at a time. When the package arrives at the next stop, the previous stop is no longer shown leaving the receiver with less detail of the overall route.

FedEx still shows each and every travel point which can be really funny (or really annoying) when a package gets accidently rerouted and takes a very circuitous route to its final destination.

They are just shoes and will eventually get here. I am being impatient because it is my first Grant Stone order.

Last edited:

roz77

Reaction score
Any idea on whether the large shoes trees will be back in stock by the end of the sale? I had planned on ordering a few pairs to get over the $400 hump, but as of right now it looks like I'm gonna have to buy a shell cordovan key fob or three (although let's be honest, I'm not complaining too much about that).

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Any idea on whether the large shoes trees will be back in stock by the end of the sale? I had planned on ordering a few pairs to get over the $400 hump, but as of right now it looks like I'm gonna have to buy a shell cordovan key fob or three (although let's be honest, I'm not complaining too much about that).

I get the sense that @GrantStone (and many other brands) may not always sell shoe trees with each pair of shoes yet this sale has encouraged many to buy them to meet the minimum amount for the discount. That's too bad because as most of us on SF know, shoe trees can help prolong shoe life so they are worth the cost. Thankfully, they also stock other great shoe care accessories such as conditioners, polishes, waxes, and brushes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads