• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fresh Crimson.
20201027_194116.jpg

Turns31

Reaction score
Keep thinking about those loden Edward boots.

British tan cap toe boots again today. Rainy day. Went back to the stock laces. Not feeling the waxier and darker Alden laces with these boots anymore.

View attachment 1485857 View attachment 1485858
Try Viberg's flat waxed laces. They're the only laces I use in my boots anymore. Perfect amount of wax and sheen.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Viberg's flat waxed laces. They're the only laces I use in my boots anymore. Perfect amount of wax and sheen.
Those look nice on the product page. More similar to Grant Stone’s laces in color but waxier? The Alden ones I find too dark on most of my boots.

Turns31

Reaction score
Those look nice on the product page. More similar to Grant Stone’s laces in color but waxier? The Alden ones I find too dark on most of my boots.
They're more greenish tan and have a bit waxier feel without being too stiff. I've tried 10 or so different brands of laces and only use Vibergs now.

Attachments

• PXL_20200922_203630614.jpg
    PXL_20200922_203630614.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 75

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're more greenish tan and have a bit waxier feel without being too stiff. I've tried 10 or so different brands of laces and only use Vibergs now.
Pretty color. I'll order a few pairs soon. Might pair well with the forest kudu.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Keep thinking about those loden Edward boots.

I'm wearing Viberg's in Mushroom Chamois today, which seem a really similar color/tone to the Loden suede. A quite gentle intro to green that is really only greenish in the sun. They look tan/grayish or various brown tones depending on light. Very versatile color. I would jump on some Loden boots if I didn't have these already. The GS's have the antiqued midsoles like these, which also look great, IMO.

IMG_9805 (1).jpg

Turns31

Reaction score
I was just looking at the Lodens and need someone to push me into it. Does anyone have a pair in hand from the first run?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing Viberg's in Mushroom Chamois today, which seem a really similar color/tone to the Loden suede. A quite gentle intro to green that is really only greenish in the sun. They look tan/grayish or various brown tones depending on light. Very versatile color. I would jump on some Loden boots if I didn't have these already. The GS's have the antiqued midsoles like these, which also look great, IMO.

View attachment 1486150
Is that the S&S makeup? Seems much lighter than the ones from Miloh Shop

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at the Lodens and need someone to push me into it. Does anyone have a pair in hand from the first run?
I don't think preorders have gone out, but there was this one post from almost 2 months ago with a pair of loden suede Diesel boots.

img_3602-jpg.1453075

BrandonF

Reaction score

Still waiting on mine from the first run. Supposed to ship maybe next week I think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads