• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think so, but it really ought to be a regular makeup, or at least a preorder (and in EEE)... just saying.

Unfortunately no plans to do so right now, but we do have more leathers coming next year. The new boot make-ups will be a little slow from here until mid next year (outside of the new work boot) but we do have some interesting leathers underway.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no plans to do so right now, but we do have more leathers coming next year. The new boot make-ups will be a little slow from here until mid next year (outside of the new work boot) but we do have some interesting leathers underway.
I'd like to see a pebble grain darker than the antique cognac.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Diesels got their first war wound; I scuffed the toe when my two year old daughter fell/jumped into and was completely submerged in a deep fountain in the aptly named Tranquility Garden....

View attachment 1484415

After some brushing:
View attachment 1484416

What additional steps should I take?
At some point, we all just say ******* and let it be, but it takes time to reach that stage and at first we are generally appalled when others suggest to embrace it and consider it as 'character'.

A heavy brushing might take care of it or a light coat of conditioning cream might do, but many worst scuffs will happen to it over time.
If it'd bothered me enough, a damp cloth and a brushing should be good enough. Especially if it's cxl, otherwise conditioning cream will do.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More forest kudu.

these evolved from thinking of selling to one of my favorite pairs. Weird how that works.

B63DB470-8FAB-492E-B335-B2FA0A47044B.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At some point, we all just say ******* and let it be, but it takes time to reach that stage and at first we are generally appalled when others suggest to embrace it and consider it as 'character'.

A heavy brushing might take care of it or a light coat of conditioning cream might do, but many worst scuffs will happen to it over time.
If it'd bothered me enough, a damp cloth and a brushing should be good enough. Especially if it's cxl, otherwise conditioning cream will do.
Correct on all counts.

bigtimejackq

Reaction score

This is classic. You verbalized my thoughts exactly. It takes me a while to get to that stage. I will do my best to keep them nice as long as I can

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tempted to take $400 CDN out of savings to get that loafer, but I know it probably isn't a wise decision. However, so tempting lol
It's a great looking loafer, but agreed should be purchased with your fun money

BrandonF

Reaction score
Also kind of waiting to see what is in store for Black Friday first lol

I know what you mean. I wear my Dune Travelers almost every day now, and am tempted to get another loafer. But I have Loden Diesels coming and am curious what Black Friday has to offer.

BrandonF

Reaction score
This is classic. You verbalized my thoughts exactly. It takes me a while to get to that stage. I will do my best to keep them nice as long as I can

My Dune Diesels reached that stage after about 6 months. I’ll still brush them up but I’ve learned to appreciate the character they’ve developed. Took awhile though, and the first time I got a mark I couldn’t get off it hurt.

Taking them for a hike around the Carl Sandberg house today. First time here even though it’s about 2 miles from me. Perfect weather today.
156337D8-15E1-4F64-B103-CC53015B0581.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads