• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Virtus

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of the new Chukka boot I'm hearing about? Apparently it's posted on Instagram but I don't have an account.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got no pics of the new Chukka, but here's a new picture of my old Diesels:

20201023_diesels.jpg

(And actually, they're not that old; just coming up on a year...)

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know if I'm happy or sad there's no 10D either ha.
Nothing in 8.5EEE or 9.5E (already have the one 9.5E)... my wallet breathes a sigh of relief.
Nothing in my size either.

Sorry! The upside is there will be a Black Friday promotion mid next month that will include your sizes.

Does anyone have any pictures of the new Chukka boot I'm hearing about? Apparently it's posted on Instagram but I don't have an account.

This is a recent chukka sample in black suede with a crepe sole. We won't start the program with this exact make-up, just something we will consider to add.

IMG_3350.jpeg

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks! Do you know what make-ups you will be starting with? This would be killer in a waxed tobacco with a crepe sole.

Well, very close. One of the three will be the Earth waxy commander on a crepe sole. There will also be a crimson and tan suede. Everything will be on crepe. I know this won't be a popular choice for many but the crepe really works with this pattern. It is a very different feel from the rest of our line which is what we were looking for. As the program matures, we will start to add options with other soles.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, very close. One of the three will be the Earth waxy commander on a crepe sole. There will also be a crimson and tan suede. Everything will be on crepe. I know this won't be a popular choice for many but the crepe really works with this pattern. It is a very different feel from the rest of our line which is what we were looking for. As the program matures, we will start to add options with other soles.
Hope to see crepe and potentially other different sole options on more styles in the future. I think crepe has only been on plain toe patterns so far?

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have an early start to the Black Friday season with a Final Sale & B-Grade update.
Use the code finalsale2020 at checkout for 10% off these items.

There are quite a few updates in the Final Sale collection. In an effort to avoid a rush towards these few items, we are just posting this on SF and the BGrade list for the weekend.
I'm sure if you email @GrantStone they could do something about it
Already have, I'm sure they will.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hope to see crepe and potentially other different sole options on more styles in the future. I think crepe has only been on plain toe patterns so far?

Yep, just the Edward boot and now this Chukka. It's an interesting outsole to have in the rotation and can be a nice surprise if you're on your feet a lot.

Josh Lange

Reaction score
I've been hoping for a Honey Traveler.

You will have another chance at the Maduro Shell penny later this year!

same thing happened to me when i got the email this morning. :)

i'll probably hop on a traveller cordovan restock in either honey or maduro when/if it happens. never owned a cordovan shoe and i'd like me first to be a loafer.

You will have another chance at the Maduro Shell penny later this year!

Josh Lange

Reaction score
Man those are beautiful!

This may be a dumb question but as someone new to this whole scene what is special about shell cordovan?

You can read a lot about Shell Cordovan online. It's a very unique article, high in demand and low in supply.

As Horween states on their website "Genuine Shell Cordovan is the art of tanning at its finest. More than just a color, it is a very specific leather, from a particular part of a horsehide. The irregular oval shaped shells are tanned, stuffed, shaved, and then polished – a process taking at least six months. Each shell is slowly steeped in gentle vegetable liquors. The shells are genuine hot stuffed then slicked onto glass frames to dry. Each shell is hand curried and shaved by highly skilled artisans to expose the shell. Dyes are hand rubbed on for a deep aniline finish. Finally, the shells are hand glazed to achieve the rich, glossy look and feel prized by fine craftsmen."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads