• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
+1 on this.

Yes indeed, I've got some house miles (almost killing myself on our maple floors) and half a day outside but they are stiff! This is rather amplified because these are in my GS "compromise" size, which is 8.5E, whereas the 8EEE is ideal. That Leo last is a really narrow default D.

BrandonF

Reaction score
Yes indeed, I've got some house miles (almost killing myself on our maple floors) and half a day outside but they are stiff! This is rather amplified because these are in my GS "compromise" size, which is 8.5E, whereas the 8EEE is ideal. That Leo last is a really narrow default D.

Going from 8.5EEE I either need to get 9E stretched or go a full size up to 9.5E.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven’t worn the Fairfields in a while. Looking as good as ever.

55BD0E45-E335-409A-8A12-B0F007569770.jpeg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The heels on the shoes really do bother me at first as well. They don’t tend to bother me as much on boots. Think it’s partly due to the shaft changing how my heel interacts with the heel counter.

Interesting, I felt the boots were worse for my foot :)

+1 on this.

I literally resorted to taking the shoe in my hand and forcibly flexing it repeatedly (all my body weight) into a hard, carpeted floor to loosen everything up.

That seems to help a lot.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I felt the boots were worse for my foot :)

I literally resorted to taking the shoe in my hand and forcibly flexing it repeatedly (all my body weight) into a hard, carpeted floor to loosen everything up.

That seems to help a lot.
Interesting difference. Everyone is different.

As for forcibly flexing I do the same now. Initially I was worried about wrecking my shoes, but it hasn't happened yet. Helps a lot with break in. I do that for the soles as well as heel counters. The Fairfield is the only pair I have where the heel counters have still felt a bit annoying after several wears, but they seem to be getting better. I know eventually it'll get to where my other Grant Stone shoes are with comfort.

jch1

Reaction score
@GrantStone this may have been requested previously, but I think a waxed tobacco Ottawa would be killer.

jch1

Reaction score
That would be a great make-up. We will keep this in mind for upcoming developments :cheers:
Awesome. I'd purchase those within seconds of being posted on the site. Any updates on the loden Edwards?

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is only after a day and half.
I need that leather. Just not a big plain toe fan. Would gladly get it as a cap toe or Ottawa. Or if Grant Stone ever tries wingtip boots, etc, etc.

Sjoges

Reaction score
New to Grant stone boots and I have been absolutely loving my black chromexcel diesel boots. I was wondering does Grant stones black chromexcel wear in to show brown undertones underneath similar to a tea core leather?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads