• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turns31

Reaction score
Hit them with a suede brush this morning and took a pic in the sunlight to show the color difference already.

Attachments

• PXL_20200930_134412693.jpg
    PXL_20200930_134412693.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 75

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hit them with a suede brush this morning and took a pic in the sunlight to show the color difference already.
Is that color pretty accurate to what you see in the sunlight? Much lighter than I was expecting. Looking great either way

Turns31

Reaction score
Is that color pretty accurate to what you see in the sunlight? Much lighter than I was expecting. Looking great either way
Yeah, I didn't put any filter on there or anything. I think using the suede brush really expedited the lightening process. I'm happy with the color. I'm sure if I rubbed VSC or something on there it'd darken and slick back up.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Looking good!! Those pants, too! Are they flannel wool?

Very nice! I so want to wear my brand new GS coffee longwings to work today, but my "commute" is a 1 mile walk to/from work. With a forecast of 90 degrees, looks like it won't happen :/

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I so want to wear my brand new GS coffee longwings to work today, but my "commute" is a 1 mile walk to/from work. With a forecast of 90 degrees, looks like it won't happen :/
If anyone can make chunky longwings with shorts work it's you.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks - yes; they're the Botto Guiseppe flannels S&M had last fall (it's a bit nippy in Porkopolis this morning).

Ah very good! I really need to try and order some of their pants/shirts.

Ah how I miss Porkopolis!! :(

Just make sure they're broken in because GS soles will literally break your feet since they're stiffer than a 2x4 out of the box.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah very good! I really need to try and order some of their pants/shirts.

Ah how I miss Porkopolis!! :(

Just make sure they're broken in because GS soles will literally break your feet since they're stiffer than a 2x4 out of the box.
The heels on the shoes really do bother me at first as well. They don’t tend to bother me as much on boots. Think it’s partly due to the shaft changing how my heel interacts with the heel counter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads