• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Josh Lange

Reaction score
Any plans for any new derbies? Also, do you think we'll see the commando sole this year?

No plans for any new bluchers or oxfords this year. You'll be able to jump in on a pre-order for a PTB if one of our fall, winter, spring preorders appeals to you.

We won't introduce the lug sole on any bluchers this year. You'll see it on a boot later this year, but no plans to bring that out on a shoe. It's going to have medium-large lugs, it should pair with our work boot pattern nicely.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No plans for any new bluchers or oxfords this year. You'll be able to jump in on a pre-order for a PTB if one of our fall, winter, spring preorders appeals to you.

We won't introduce the lug sole on any bluchers this year. You'll see it on a boot later this year, but no plans to bring that out on a shoe. It's going to have medium-large lugs, it should pair with our work boot pattern nicely.
When do we get hints about the new suede boot makeups I remember hearing of? ?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Perhaps the best shoe GS has ever done. Ivory Suede, leather sole
IMG_4648.jpeg

BrandonF

Reaction score

Sorry, should have separated the questions more. I meant lug soles on the boot. I need a new lug sole boot, so trying to plan ahead.

Josh Lange

Reaction score
When do we get hints about the new suede boot makeups I remember hearing of? ?

I'll wait for Wyatt to address that on the man GS account, I don't wanna spoil it too early! It won't be groundbreaking or anything, but all I am going to say is, it will probably jump into the #1 spot for the most comfortable GS boot in the collection. Leo last, suede, outsole, etc... preparing for an early November release

BrandonF

Reaction score
I'll wait for Wyatt to address that on the man GS account, I don't wanna spoil it too early! It won't be groundbreaking or anything, but all I am going to say is, it will probably jump into the #1 spot for the most comfortable GS boot in the collection. Leo last, suede, outsole, etc... preparing for an early November release

EEE, then or in the future?

Josh Lange

Reaction score
Sorry, should have separated the questions more. I meant lug soles on the boot. I need a new lug sole boot, so trying to plan ahead.

Hoping to have the Brass Boots on our new lug sole (one will have our own EVA wedge) in stock and available by the last couple days of November, maybe the first week of December. D and E widths only but it will be on a new last which will offer volume similar to the Leo with more room at the toe.

mabbott29

Reaction score

Any chance of that one of those PTBs is a shell makeup?

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just orderer the dirty bucks in 7EEE -- can't wait! If these are of the same superlative quality as all the other GS shoes -- and I'm sure they are -- these are probably the best value that GS offers.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off topic, but every time I click on this thread to read and someone says GS, I always keep saying "Grand Seiko" in my head instead of Grant Stone and then I get confused lmao

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads