• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Been a minute since I checked SF, but the chukka is an absolute stunner! Feels like an in between of the unlined Alden and Clarks desert boot. That’s gonna go great with denim, cords, chinos, and flannel. I’m in for these.

Went back and looked at those myself - you're right they look great. My only hesitation is if they are the soft crepe soles, they just get so nasty and can't be cleaned much.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
coffee suede LWB today.

Also forest kudu cap toe boots yesterday. I have a hard time deciding how I feel about the forest kudu. They come off a bit dull in some lighting and a beautiful green in others. Looking forward to seeing how these patina.

View attachment 1458711 View attachment 1458712

View attachment 1458716 View attachment 1458717 View attachment 1458718
The color variation in the sung is quite intense... i think a long term update would be super interesting

BrandonF

Reaction score
The color variation in the sung is quite intense... i think a long term update would be super interesting

I was just noticing this about mine the other day. I thought they looked good when I got them, but the color looks so much richer and more depth now. Such a great shoe.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any IRL photos of the Dark Walnut VS Crimson? Having a hard time deciding lol

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s been a while since I’ve worn this pair.

A85EADA5-D22F-48AD-B31A-3B2F0EB7D12C.jpeg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dune Ottawas....the pair that gives me the most "Built like a Tank" feeling !!

In direct sunlight...
20200917_080635.jpg

In daylight / shade...
20200917_082239.jpg

Last edited:

Cordovanity

Reaction score
Is there any reason I shouldn't get Grant Stone's Crimson Chromexcel plain toe boots instead of a pair of Vibergs given the price difference?

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason I shouldn't get Grant Stone's Crimson Chromexcel plain toe boots instead of a pair of Vibergs given the price difference?
I own both Viberg and GS. Both are built tank like. So depending on what aesthetic you personally prefer, you should get 2 pair of Grant Stone if you like them and you’re willing to spend Viberg money.

Last edited:

Turns31

Reaction score
You're paying for the 2030 last and unique leathers when you buy Viberg. GS has better overall QC (perfect stitching, straight cap toes, edge finishing, etc...) but I do give Viberg a slight advantage on clicking in my experience. The main difference is the aesthetics. Vibergs 2030 is sleek and sexy and stitchdown while Grant Stone is beefy and storm welted while still being slim. Both are going to last you a decade plus if you take care of them.

Here's a quick pic I took this morning showing a difference in shape.

Attachments

• PXL_20200917_125310748.jpg
    PXL_20200917_125310748.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 101

ifticar2

Reaction score
I would disagree on the clicking part, but as singular consumers, we can't relaly get a big enough sample size to come to a meaningful conclusion. Based on the experiences of people here, at the very least I think you can say that Grant Stone has very good clicking.

The main reason to get the Viberg over GS is if you like the pattern. Viberg has been messing around with their pattern lately it seems, but IMO when Viberg does it right, they make the most attractive service boot pattern around. Therefore, I would mainly just go by the aesthetics. If you like the viberg pattern enough to spend $300 extra on it, then go ahead and get the vibergs.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
I would disagree on the clicking part, but as singular consumers, we can't relaly get a big enough sample size to come to a meaningful conclusion. Based on the experiences of people here, at the very least I think you can say that Grant Stone has very good clicking.

The main reason to get the Viberg over GS is if you like the pattern. Viberg has been messing around with their pattern lately it seems, but IMO when Viberg does it right, they make the most attractive service boot pattern around. Therefore, I would mainly just go by the aesthetics. If you like the viberg pattern enough to spend $300 extra on it, then go ahead and get the vibergs.

Was just thinking this. IMO no other brand matches the silhouette of a well-done Viberg service boot. Somehow they have just nailed it with perfect proportions all the way around. And I feel like Vibergs are truly intended to take years of punishment.

Can't go wrong with the GS crimson cxl of course, I'm looking at them closely as well. On the GS Facebook page there is a post a few days ago about something new coming in this leather very soon. Hmmm?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics